Charlie Sheen Fed Up: 'I Don't Want Any More Kids'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 10th 2011 05:02PM
EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Sheen's goddesses can breathe a sigh of relief today, with the embattled actor and father of five telling PopEater that with all legal drama swirling around the custody of his twin boys, he wants no more children. "I can't seem to keep the one's I already have!" he tells me. "So no, I don't want any more kids."
The former 'Two and a Half Men' star is currently involved in a legal battle with his ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, to gain custody of his twin sons, Bob and Max, who turn 2 this month. Both boys were removed from his house in a dramatic sequence of events last week after Brooke asked authorities to intervene.
While lately he's been called a manic, drug-addled train-wreck, Charlie hasn't been publicly accused of being a bad father, and his five kids appear to be adjusted and well-shielded from their dad's recent spate of problems. (Well, we can assume his 25-year-old daughter, Cassandra, has a different perspective than her very young siblings.)
Who Should Be the Next Charlie Sheen on TV/Real Life?"You can say whatever you want about Charlie, but he is a good father," a very close friend of the actor told me on Wednesday.
That isn't to say things aren't very complicated at this moment. His second wife, Denise Richards, has full custody of their two daughters, Sam and Lola, and he has praised her on many occasions. But the same can't be said about Bob and Max's mom.
"If Charlie wasn't so concerned with Brooke's mothering skills and her addictions, he would be more than happy to let her have full custody, just as Denise does with his daughters," an insider tells me.
According to my source, it would be "fine with him" if he only saw his sons every other week, but "he can't stand by and allow them to live with someone he doesn't think is a good parent."
This is far from over with lots of legal battles and court dates ahead. And with the amount of dirt both Brooke and Charlie know about each other, this isn't going to be pretty. Let's just hope they both ultimately do what's right for those two little boys.
Charlie Sheen Snapshots
A hand-written note "To Ging, From one Druggie to Another. Love- C," by Charlie Sheen is inscribed on a page inside the 1991 Consumer Report, The Complete Drug Reference, a gift from Sheen to Porn star Ginger Lynn after her drug incarceration. (Lawrence K. Ho/Los Angeles Times/MCT)
Los Angeles Times
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- Rod McKuen, mega-selling poet and performer, dies at 81
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Jim Parsons to play God in Broadway show
- Blythe Danner: Even I don't understand my daughter Gwyneth Paltrow
- Scandal Just Delivered One of The Most Heartbreaking & Heart-Racing Episodes of TV We've Ever Seen
- Parenthood Finale: Why the Show Ended That Way, and Scoop on the 7 Biggest Surprises
- How to Get Away With Murder Introduces Its New Big Bad: What You Need to Know and Why You Should Be Nervous