Charlie Sheen Fed Up: 'I Don't Want Any More Kids'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 10th 2011 05:02PM
EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Sheen's goddesses can breathe a sigh of relief today, with the embattled actor and father of five telling PopEater that with all legal drama swirling around the custody of his twin boys, he wants no more children. "I can't seem to keep the one's I already have!" he tells me. "So no, I don't want any more kids."
The former 'Two and a Half Men' star is currently involved in a legal battle with his ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, to gain custody of his twin sons, Bob and Max, who turn 2 this month. Both boys were removed from his house in a dramatic sequence of events last week after Brooke asked authorities to intervene.
While lately he's been called a manic, drug-addled train-wreck, Charlie hasn't been publicly accused of being a bad father, and his five kids appear to be adjusted and well-shielded from their dad's recent spate of problems. (Well, we can assume his 25-year-old daughter, Cassandra, has a different perspective than her very young siblings.)
Who Should Be the Next Charlie Sheen on TV/Real Life?"You can say whatever you want about Charlie, but he is a good father," a very close friend of the actor told me on Wednesday.
That isn't to say things aren't very complicated at this moment. His second wife, Denise Richards, has full custody of their two daughters, Sam and Lola, and he has praised her on many occasions. But the same can't be said about Bob and Max's mom.
"If Charlie wasn't so concerned with Brooke's mothering skills and her addictions, he would be more than happy to let her have full custody, just as Denise does with his daughters," an insider tells me.
According to my source, it would be "fine with him" if he only saw his sons every other week, but "he can't stand by and allow them to live with someone he doesn't think is a good parent."
This is far from over with lots of legal battles and court dates ahead. And with the amount of dirt both Brooke and Charlie know about each other, this isn't going to be pretty. Let's just hope they both ultimately do what's right for those two little boys.
Charlie Sheen Snapshots
A hand-written note "To Ging, From one Druggie to Another. Love- C," by Charlie Sheen is inscribed on a page inside the 1991 Consumer Report, The Complete Drug Reference, a gift from Sheen to Porn star Ginger Lynn after her drug incarceration. (Lawrence K. Ho/Los Angeles Times/MCT)
Los Angeles Times
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!