Photo: Jonah Hill Slims Down for '21 Jump Street' Role
By Kelly Fisher Posted Mar 10th 2011 08:45AM
Hill looked noticeably lighter when he hit the red carpet at the Venice Family Clinic Silver Circle 2011 Gala in Beverly Hills last month.
According to Us Weekly, Hill had a goal to lose 30 pounds before production began on the action film, based on the hit 1980s TV show starring Johnny Depp.
Hill penned the script for the movie himself, telling MTV News, "It's an entirely new imagination of what '21 Jump Street' is. We're not doing a spoof whatsoever. It will be crazy characters that are in very unreal circumstances sometimes."
But losing the weight for the role wasn't an easy battle for the comedy star. A friend close to the actor claims he "went on a diet for the movie, but gained weight at first!"
Hill finally got the hang of things, thanks to some professionals.
"Finally, he got a nutritionist and a trainer," said his friend. "Now he looks better and feels better!"
Filming for '21 Jump Street' is slated to begin in April.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- Veteran Producer Arthur Gardner Dies at 104
- 'Star Wars VII' Cast and Crew Thank Fans For Fundraising Efforts
- Could Sony Have Released 'The Interview' If It Wanted?
- Neil Patrick Harris Meets the Freaks in New 'AHS: Freak Show' (VIDEO)
- Kate Winslet is No Shrinking Violet in 'A Little Chaos' (VIDEO)
- Check Out This 'Star Wars' Christmas Light Show (VIDEO)