Larry King Tweaks Anderson Cooper: 'Let's See What She's Up To'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 10th 2011 08:50PM
Hair jokes were in no short supply at last night's Comedy Central roast of Donald Trump, but the quip that had the audience shocked was when CNN icon Larry King made fun of his former co-worker Anderson Cooper's sexuality.
Pretending he was still hosting his now-defunct talk show, King took calls from viewers throughout the country and then tossed to Anderson, whose '360' followed his 'Live' show every night for years.
"Anderson Cooper is coming up next. Let's see what SHE'S up to," Larry said to the packed house.
Anderson, who never talks about his sexuality in public, has been dealing with rumors about his love life ever since he become CNN's biggest star, but never before has a member of the CNN family poked fun at him in such a public way.
Even his good friend Kathy Griffin, who loves to tell tales about celebrities, refused to go there when she recently spoke with Howard Stern when he asked if the silver fox was gay.
"Larry meant no harm," a friend of the newsman tells me. "He was just having a little fun. Larry has huge respect for Anderson and couldn't care less who he chooses to sleep with."
Let's hope Anderson is laughing too. The roast airs March 15 on Comedy Central.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus and Scout Willis flash their nipples in photo shoot
- R&B singer Johnny Kemp found dead on beach
- Shia LaBeouf says rehab therapy was like method acting
- Britt McHenry's Parking Attendant Rant Video Was Edited: Details
- Scott Disick's Drinking Raises Eyebrows Before Kris Jenner's Birthday Party: Watch KUWTK Clip!
- LuAnn de Lesseps Is So Cool, Dishes About RHONY Drama Queens Bethenny Frankel and Ramona Singer: Watch!