Aretha Franklin Denies Gastric Bypass Rumors
At age 68, Franklin has lost a whopping 85 pounds, but tells Access Hollywood that her newly slim figure was not the result of weight-loss surgery.
When asked point-blank whether or not she had undergone a gastric bypass, Franklin responded, "Definitely not, and would not."
The singer, who, according to multiple sources, was suffering from pancreatic cancer last year, said of those rumors, "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors," adding only, "The problem has been resolved."
What Franklin has revealed is her desire to continue making progress by adopting a healthier lifestyle. "It's just really hard. [But] you can't continue eating things that will hurt you eventually," she told Wendy Williams.
Without revealing the exact nature of her past or present health issues, Franklin says, "I couldn't be feeling any better than I'm feeling right now."
Check out a clip from Aretha's interview at PEOPLE, or watch the full interview on Access Hollywood this Monday and Tuesday.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lady Gaga bares all for new magazine cover shoot
- Amanda Bynes reportedly leaves rehab, wants to go to college
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt: We blew through $10 million
- Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly's ?Genius' on Kimmel: ?I can't wait to turn you on' ? VIDEO
- Aisha Tyler calls Kanye West ?the straight, black Liberace' ? VIDEO
- Amanda Bynes Speaks! Has Big Plans for the Future
- Paul Walker Crash Theory: Does Video Show Actor Trying to Escape?
- ?AHS Coven' Burning Questions! Voodoo vs. Witchcraft: Who's Going to Win the War?