Aretha Franklin Denies Gastric Bypass Rumors
At age 68, Franklin has lost a whopping 85 pounds, but tells Access Hollywood that her newly slim figure was not the result of weight-loss surgery.
When asked point-blank whether or not she had undergone a gastric bypass, Franklin responded, "Definitely not, and would not."
The singer, who, according to multiple sources, was suffering from pancreatic cancer last year, said of those rumors, "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors," adding only, "The problem has been resolved."
What Franklin has revealed is her desire to continue making progress by adopting a healthier lifestyle. "It's just really hard. [But] you can't continue eating things that will hurt you eventually," she told Wendy Williams.
Without revealing the exact nature of her past or present health issues, Franklin says, "I couldn't be feeling any better than I'm feeling right now."
Check out a clip from Aretha's interview at PEOPLE, or watch the full interview on Access Hollywood this Monday and Tuesday.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heidi Montag steps out after removing breast implants
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled after report Mama June dating sex offender
- Country singer RaeLynn gets surprise visit from military brother
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Is Tori Spelling Having a Nervous Breakdown?
- Mama June: ?It Isn't True' She's Dating Convicted Child Molester
- Jessica Simpson Posts Super Cute Pic of Her Son
- Who's the Boss? Stars Tony Danza, Judith Light Reunite at Broadway Show: Pictures
- Zoe Saldana Teaches a Lesson in Chic Maternity Workout Clothing: Shop Her Pregnancy Gym Style For Less!
- J.K. Rowling Will Publish a New Harry Potter Story on Halloween, Focus Will Be on Nemesis