Aretha Franklin Denies Gastric Bypass Rumors
At age 68, Franklin has lost a whopping 85 pounds, but tells Access Hollywood that her newly slim figure was not the result of weight-loss surgery.
When asked point-blank whether or not she had undergone a gastric bypass, Franklin responded, "Definitely not, and would not."
The singer, who, according to multiple sources, was suffering from pancreatic cancer last year, said of those rumors, "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors," adding only, "The problem has been resolved."
What Franklin has revealed is her desire to continue making progress by adopting a healthier lifestyle. "It's just really hard. [But] you can't continue eating things that will hurt you eventually," she told Wendy Williams.
Without revealing the exact nature of her past or present health issues, Franklin says, "I couldn't be feeling any better than I'm feeling right now."
Check out a clip from Aretha's interview at PEOPLE, or watch the full interview on Access Hollywood this Monday and Tuesday.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- It's a Girl for Stacy Keibler!
- Why Is NASCAR's Jimmie Johnson Driving Onto a High School Football Field?
- Watch the First Episode of ?Red Band Society' Now!
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode