Aretha Franklin Denies Gastric Bypass Rumors
At age 68, Franklin has lost a whopping 85 pounds, but tells Access Hollywood that her newly slim figure was not the result of weight-loss surgery.
When asked point-blank whether or not she had undergone a gastric bypass, Franklin responded, "Definitely not, and would not."
The singer, who, according to multiple sources, was suffering from pancreatic cancer last year, said of those rumors, "I don't have to talk about my health with anybody other than my doctors," adding only, "The problem has been resolved."
What Franklin has revealed is her desire to continue making progress by adopting a healthier lifestyle. "It's just really hard. [But] you can't continue eating things that will hurt you eventually," she told Wendy Williams.
Without revealing the exact nature of her past or present health issues, Franklin says, "I couldn't be feeling any better than I'm feeling right now."
Check out a clip from Aretha's interview at PEOPLE, or watch the full interview on Access Hollywood this Monday and Tuesday.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- So Cute! Stars Share Adorable Easter Pics
- 'Game of Thrones': Burning Questions in the Aftermath of the Purple Wedding