Pregnant Jewel in Hospital After Fire Truck Collision
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 11th 2011 05:10PM
"Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas," her rep said in a statement. "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."
A local newspaper, The Stephenville Empire-Tribune, ran photos showing Jewel's completely totaled car, with the bulk of the damage appearing to be in the front and passengers' side. It's not clear whether she was driving or in the passenger seat.
According to the Empire-Tribune, the occupant of the fire truck was Erath County Commissioner Jim Pack, who was heading to a nearby highway to put out a grass fire.
Pack's condition has not been disclosed.
Jewel and her husband, rodeo cowboy Ty Murray, are expecting a boy. She was on the set of her upcoming Bravo show, 'Going Platinum,' when she found out about her pregnancy.
"I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive!" she told PEOPLE. "It was so hard to keep it a secret. I was worried I'd start throwing up on set, and everyone would be like, 'Oh, she's pregnant.'"
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Is Sofia Vergara losing her curves?
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- Joe Manganiello talks new book ?Evolution,' makes a plea for his male stripper doc, and passes our Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Entertainment Geekly: Now let's cast the rest of the Justice League
- Amy Robach returns to ?Good Morning America' to share details of her breast cancer fight ? VIDEO
- Keri Russell, Husband Shane Deary Split After Nearly Seven Years of Marriage
- Kim Kardashian Shares Cute New Picture of North West With Artist Jeff Koons at Art Basel
- Amy Robach Returns to Good Morning America After Mastectomy, Preparing for Chemo to Fight Breast Cancer