Pregnant Jewel in Hospital After Fire Truck Collision
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 11th 2011 05:10PM
"Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas," her rep said in a statement. "The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine."
A local newspaper, The Stephenville Empire-Tribune, ran photos showing Jewel's completely totaled car, with the bulk of the damage appearing to be in the front and passengers' side. It's not clear whether she was driving or in the passenger seat.
According to the Empire-Tribune, the occupant of the fire truck was Erath County Commissioner Jim Pack, who was heading to a nearby highway to put out a grass fire.
Pack's condition has not been disclosed.
Jewel and her husband, rodeo cowboy Ty Murray, are expecting a boy. She was on the set of her upcoming Bravo show, 'Going Platinum,' when she found out about her pregnancy.
"I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive!" she told PEOPLE. "It was so hard to keep it a secret. I was worried I'd start throwing up on set, and everyone would be like, 'Oh, she's pregnant.'"
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Florida Man': Film cedes the floor to liquor store parking lot philosophers
- 'The Bachelor' recap: This week's 5 strangest moments
- Could Savannah Guthrie replace Brian Williams?
- Extra Scoop: 'Bachelor' Tell-All Explodes in Meowtastic Cat Fights
- Is Bobbi Kristina Crisis the Subject of New Family Reality Show?
- Bobbi Kristina Crisis: Nick Gordon's New Plea to Bobby Brown
- Mila Kunis Owns Natural Beauty Look, Dresses Skinny Post-Baby Body in Black Outfit: See the Photos!
- Naya Rivera, Husband Ryan Dorsey Step Out After Pregnancy News: Photo
- Jimmy Kimmel Takes on Anti-Vaccination Movement With Hilarious "Child's Right to Choose" Video: Watch!