Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- 'Star Wars VII' Cast and Crew Thank Fans For Fundraising Efforts
- Could Sony Have Released 'The Interview' If It Wanted?
- Sony Hires 'Scandal' Crisis Specialist
- Neil Patrick Harris Meets the Freaks in New 'AHS: Freak Show' (VIDEO)
- Kate Winslet is No Shrinking Violet in 'A Little Chaos' (VIDEO)
- Check Out This 'Star Wars' Christmas Light Show (VIDEO)