Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The roles that got away
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Sheldon heading to space?
- Netflix's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': What the Critics Are Saying
- Sky Italia to Launch 1990s Channel to Promote Debut of Political Thriller
- China's Wanda Showcases Planned Qingdao Studio in L.A.
- Best of Late Night TV: Chris Hemsworth's Musical Beers and Naomi Watts' Crazy Hometown (VIDEO)
- Recap of The Blacklist Season 2 Episode 14: T. Earl King VI
- Harrison Ford Injured in Plane Crash