Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alec Baldwin avoids arrest after scuffle with photographer
- Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- 'The Maze Runner' Rules Revealed in New Featurette
- 'Foxcatcher': Steve Carell's Chilling Mission Statement Triggers a Chant in New Trailer
- Why We Won't See Screech's Suspenders in 'The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Summer Box Office 2014: What Went Wrong?
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?