Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- 'Maze Runner' tops the box office this weekend
- 'South Park' Season 18 Promo Skewers Redskins Name Debate
- Watch Steven Spielberg's Niece Get Eliminated on 'The Voice' Israel
- Watch ESPN's Samantha Ponder Criticize Florida State QB for Slur: "You Can't Disrespect Women"
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Maze Runner' Sprints to No. 1
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)
- These Are the 15 Funniest 'The Cosby Show' Episodes Ever (VIDEO)