Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Weird Al Yankovic has his first No. 1 album ever
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- India Set for Major Box-Office Weekend at Home and Abroad
- Goldwyn Acquires North American Rights to Wine Doc 'A Year In Champagne'
- Comic-Con: 'Under the Dome' to Ramp Up Body Count in Back-Half of Season 2
- Live Vicariously Through These Comic-Con 2014 Photos
- Michael Pitt, Director Mike Cahill on 'I, Origins' and Casting the Perfect Child (VIDEO)
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: Fans Dressed Up in All Your Favorite Cosplay (PHOTOS)