Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Chuck Norris vs. Communism': How American movies helped overthrow Romanian regime
- Meghan Trainor and Harry Styles sing a song about love
- Watch John Oliver Audition for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Sundance: Keanu Reeves Makes Two Enticing Friends in 'Knock Knock' Teaser
- Watch 'Full House' Cast Reunite, Sing Theme Song
- ?Full House' cast members reunite, serenade creator with theme song
- Official ?Madden' Super Bowl simulation predicts narrow 4th-quarter victory for Patriots
- Recap of Revenge Episode 14: Escape To Witch Mountain
- SAG Awards 2015 Winners: The Full List
- Mark Ruffalo Asleep When He Won 2015 SAG Award, Gives Speech on Twitter