Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lil Wayne's tour bus hit by gunfire on Atlanta highway after performance
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Daytime Emmy Awards: 'Days of Our Lives,' 'Young and the Restless' Tie for Best Drama Series
- South Korea Box Office: 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Monopolizes Cinemas
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Avengers' Interview Walkout: Journalist Defends Right to Ask "Serious" Questions
- Recap of 'Revenge' Season 4 Episode 21: Aftermath
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sansa's Torture, Jon's Badass Justice, Season 5 Episode 3
- Daytime Emmy Awards 2015: Winners List