Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Richards arrested for shoplifting
- Iggy Azalea owns up to plastic surgery
- Taylor Swift talks importance of girl friends, why she stood up to Apple
- 'Sneaky Pete' Trailer: Giovanni Ribisi's Con Man Hides Out in Bryan Cranston Co-Created Amazon Pilot
- Harry Shearer: 'Simpsons' Contract Saga "Wasn't a Stunt"
- 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' to Return to Brooklyn for Week of Shows (Exclusive)
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Matt Damon Has an Aquaman Question in New 'Martian' Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Adds Max Von Sydow as Three-Eyed Raven
- Best of Late Night TV: Obama Calls Trump With Advice, Meryl Streep's Guitar Lesson, 'Flinch' Game