Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch Do Beyonce's Dramatic "Crazy in Love" Strut
- 'Constantine' Star Matt Ryan: "He's Not Afraid to Stick the Middle Finger to the Devil"
- Marvel to Show More 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage During ABC's 'SHIELD'
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming