Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Zack Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- New report claims Elizabeth Pena died from alcohol abuse
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer hits the web
- Halle Berry Invests in a Luxury Lingerie Line
- TV Ratings: Most Series Steady Against Improved World Series, 'The 100' Returns Down
- A Day in the (Very Busy) Life of Shondaland MVP Tom Verica
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- It's Official: Christian Bale Will Play Steve Jobs in Aaron Sorkin-Penned Biopic
- Brad Pitt's 'Between Two Ferns' Is the Most Hilarious Installment to Date
- The 'Insidious: Chapter 3' Trailer Is Frightfully Fun (VIDEO)