Clint Eastwood's Tsunami-Depicting 'Hereafter' Pulled From Japanese Cinemas
By Zach Dionne Posted Mar 14th 2011 11:20AM
The film depicts a character surviving the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami that crippled Southeast Asia. Satoru Otani, a Warner Entertainment Japan Inc. official, says the tsunami scenes render the film "not appropriate" for Japanese audiences.
The film, starring Matt Damon, premiered stateside in October 2010; it debuted in Japan in February, playing on roughly 180 screens. 'Hereafter' was initially set to play through March.
►Tsunami Survivor Petra Nemcova Monitoring Situation in Japan
►'Twilight' Cast Evacuates Vancouver After Tsunami Warning
►Rapper 50 Cent Under Fire for Earthquake Tweets
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Woman who claimed to have third breast added is fake
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza spared prison over campaign funds violation
- Jeremy Renner Hints at 'Captain America 3' Appearance for Hawkeye
- Michael Imperioli Boards Amazon's Shawn Ryan Drama (Exclusive)
- Board Games Attack in New 'Ouija' Trailer
- ?True Detective': Will the real Vince Vaughn step forward?
- ?Lion King' musical has the top box office in entertainment
- Ellen DeGeneres Invades Matthew McConaughey's Car Commercial (VIDEO)
- Lorde Reveals Title & Release Date of 'Mockingjay' Single (PHOTO)
- Jon Hamm Told His Girlfriend How 'Mad Men' Ends