'Bachelor' Brad and Emily: It's Over Already?
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 15th 2011 09:30AM
EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Brad Womack proposed to Emily Maynard on last night's 'Bachelor' finale, millions of fans were shocked to learn that the couple have already gone through a breakup, and while Brad told viewers he was ready for marriage, sources tell me the couple has since broken up for good.
"Emily is so insecure, she just isn't cut out for all the fame and attention her relationship is under," a show insider tells me. "The six weeks of shooting the show in paradise was easy, away from prying eyes and photographers, but since they both returned to their normal lives things have been a disaster."
During the finale, Emily, mom to 5-year-old daughter Ricki, accepted Brad's proposal, beating out fellow contestant Chantal O'Brien for Womack's heart. The actual proposal was a tender, romantic moment of television.
"You're so much more to me than a leap of faith," he said. "You're the one. You're my once in a lifetime. I'm asking you to give me your forever."
Later, Emily admitted having trouble watching Brad get intimate with different ladies every Monday night. She also admitted that Brad's temper in real life also took her by surprise.
Despite their problems, however, Brad has been trying valiantly to make the relationship work and publicly, he's now saying the two are trying to rebound after a bumpy start to the relationship.
"At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship," they said in joint statement to PEOPLE on Tuesday. "Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship."
But an in-the-know network producer tells me their problems run deep and go beyond the normal pangs of a distressed couple.
"Emily is not able to forgive Brad for what she considers cheating week-after-week with other girls," my source says. "It's always hard sending the couple back into reality after they have been living in paradise, but no one in the history of the show has had as hard a time adjusting as Emily."
Like many fans, my source "would love to say they are going to make it, but they don't. After we taped the 'After the Rose,' it was clear to everyone that this one was not going to work."
Too bad, we were rooting for you.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette's Nick Viall Explains His Awkward Fantasy Suite Comment: "It Wasn't Necessarily About the Sex"
- Kim Zolciak Shows Off Bikini Body, Goes Without Makeup in Instagram Pictures
- Katy Perry Wants Kids With or Without a Man: "I Don't Need a Dude, It's 2014!"
- Joan Rivers Unloads On The Famous, While Maksim Chmerkovskiy Opens Up On Kirstie Alley Fallout
- Forgiven, But Not Forgotten: Classy Kelsey Grammer Absolves Sister's Killer, But Won't Endorse Parole — It ‘Would Be A Betrayal Of My Sister’s Life'
- Miranda Kerr tweets topless shot after Justin Bieber, Orlando Bloom dust-up
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ireland Baldwin channels Kim Basinger in '9 1/2 Weeks'
- "Be Kind, Please Rewind" and 9 Other Phrases That Are Completely Irrelevant Now
- Zoe Saldana's Pregnancy Style: See How the Actress Is Dressing Her Growing Baby Bump
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer: Jimmy Fallon Pranks The Roots; David Letterman Inserts Himself—Watch Now!