'Bachelor' Brad Womack Makes His Pick and Proposes
By Kelly Fisher Posted Mar 15th 2011 08:05AM
"I've gone through so much to get to where I am today," he told Maynard, 24, in the final episode, presenting her a Neil Lane diamond ring. "I've made so many mistakes and had so many ups and downs. I always believed that when the time was right, I'd find the woman that I've been looking for for my entire life."
"You're so much more to me than a leap of faith. You're the one. You're my once in a lifetime. I'm asking you to give me your forever. Please let me be your best friend, let me protect you and your beautiful daughter and please give me the opportunity to love you for the rest of your life," he continued.
Maynard, mom to 5-year-old daughter Ricki, accepted his proposal, beating out fellow contestant Chantal O'Brien for Womack's heart. The 'Bachelor' let her down as best he could.
"I don't know how else to say except I have strong feelings for someone else," Womack told a teary-eyed O'Brien, to which she replied, "You're an amazing person, and Emily's very lucky. It just sucks because I felt so strongly."
Apparently all is not well in paradise, however, according to the couple on 'After the Rose.' Womack and Maynard have reportedly gone through one breakup since filming. Although Womack is ready to take the marriage leap, Maynard claims she's not ready right now, leaving the latest 'Bachelor' couple's relationship on the rocks -- for now.
Watch a clip from 'After the Rose' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Shares Adorable Family Photo With Blue, Jay Z Amidst Rumors of Marriage Problems: Picture
- Zac Efron Spotted Leaving Michelle Rodriguez's House Morning After Wild Night Out: Picture
- Jada Pinkett Smith Raises Awareness About Sexual Assault After Niece is Given Date-Rape Drug
- Jessica Simpson Doesn’t Want Any More Kids
- Dwayne Johnson Teases ‘Shazam’ Role
- Why Kendall Jenner Is Quitting ‘KUWTK’
- Tim McGraw comments on altercation with female fan
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Tears, argument and an ultrasound at 'Men Tell All'
- Can Sherri Shepherd walk away from unborn surrogate child?
- Sneek Peak: An Angry Bird Lands on MTV's Finding Carter—Watch the Clip!
- Joan Rivers Tells Jennie Garth That She Looks Like a "Prostitute on a Safari"—See the Outrageous Moment!
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Scandal, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy, The Originals and More