'Bachelor' Brad Womack Makes His Pick and Proposes
By Kelly Fisher Posted Mar 15th 2011 08:05AM
"I've gone through so much to get to where I am today," he told Maynard, 24, in the final episode, presenting her a Neil Lane diamond ring. "I've made so many mistakes and had so many ups and downs. I always believed that when the time was right, I'd find the woman that I've been looking for for my entire life."
"You're so much more to me than a leap of faith. You're the one. You're my once in a lifetime. I'm asking you to give me your forever. Please let me be your best friend, let me protect you and your beautiful daughter and please give me the opportunity to love you for the rest of your life," he continued.
Maynard, mom to 5-year-old daughter Ricki, accepted his proposal, beating out fellow contestant Chantal O'Brien for Womack's heart. The 'Bachelor' let her down as best he could.
"I don't know how else to say except I have strong feelings for someone else," Womack told a teary-eyed O'Brien, to which she replied, "You're an amazing person, and Emily's very lucky. It just sucks because I felt so strongly."
Apparently all is not well in paradise, however, according to the couple on 'After the Rose.' Womack and Maynard have reportedly gone through one breakup since filming. Although Womack is ready to take the marriage leap, Maynard claims she's not ready right now, leaving the latest 'Bachelor' couple's relationship on the rocks -- for now.
Watch a clip from 'After the Rose' below.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince George, Prince William, Kate Middleton Color-Coordinate Outfits En Route to Sydney: Picture
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Pose With Adorable Police Puppies in New Zealand: Pictures
- Pharrell Cries "Happy" Tears; Tony Dovolani Talks DWTS Tiff With NeNe: Top Stories
- Dean McDermott Visits 12 Step Recovery Merchandise Store, Says He’s ‘Trying To Get Sober’ To Save Marriage With Wife Tori Spelling
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- The Voice Unveils Their Top 12, Glee's Not-So Sexy Shenanigans and More OMG TV Moments!
- Kate Middleton Looks Perfect While Trying to Stay Dry, Prince George Continues to Be Royally Adorable
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Wedding Not Happening: "They're Very Happy As Is," Source Says