Katy Perry's Mom Shops Around Book About Life With Famous Daughter
Page Six reports that Perry's mom, Mary Perry Hudson, is shopping around a book about her Christian ministry as well as the life choices her daughter is making and the effect they've had on her family.
Perry, who began her career as a Christian singer under her real name, Katy Hudson, has given differing accounts of her upbringing, although most have described her parents as strict disciplinarians.
"We were never allowed to swear," Perry has said. "I'd get into trouble just for saying 'Hell no.' If you dropped a hammer on your toe in our house you had to say something like 'Jiminy Christmas.'
"The only music we were allowed to listen to was gospel. No wonder I rebelled!"
Despite Perry's success, Mary Perry Hudson doesn't want people to assume she's piggy-backing on her daughter's fame. In the proposal for Hudson's book, it states, "Amid a torrent of negative reports from tabloid magazines and entertainment shows, Mary Hudson wants to tell 'her story' and dispel a lot of rumors. Katy's success has impacted her ministry in both negative and positive ways."
"She loves her daughter very much and is very proud of her accomplishments, but disagrees with a lot of choices she makes in her career. This memoir is to set the record straight. It is not Christian proselytizing or a Katy Perry tell-all. It is the story of Mary Perry Hudson."
While Mary Hudson doesn't support all of her daughter's choices, she does support the most important one: Hudson's marriage to raunchy comedian Russell Brand. At this year's Academy Awards, Hudson announced to PEOPLE, "I just can't wait for them to have babies. Grandma, here we come!"
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral Invite Shows How Tight Guest List Is
- Attention, Men! Here's How You Can Date Charlotte McKinney
- ‘Crime Watch Daily' Host Matt Doran Takes Over Manhattan
- Lynn Anderson Dead: Country Singer Behind "Rose Garden" Dies at 67
- Rumer Willis Rocks Bangs and Extensions, Looks Like a Mini-Demi Moore at Zelda Williams' Birthday Party
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Her Dog's Death: "This Has Been the Most Painful Week of My Life"