Report: Whitney Houston Orders Teenage Daughter to Rehab for Cocaine
By AOL Music Editors Posted Mar 16th 2011 01:22PM
It's no secret that Houston has had her own battles with drug addiction after much personal-turned-public turmoil and a stint in rehab in the early 2000s. But following photos that recently surfaced of Bobbi Kristina snorting cocaine, Houston is stepping up and stepping in.
According to the National Enquirer, in an attempt to save her adolescent daughter from repeating her own mistakes, the 47-year-old mama has reportedly canceled Bobbi Kristina's 18th birthday celebration at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas, is taking back the Lexus she gifted her daughter and is sending her straight to rehab.
Bobbi Kristina attempted to debunk the cocaine photos on Twitter recently, and now she's back to shoot down rehab rumors, tweeting, "Excuse me, but I'd like to say that I am NOT going to rehab? I'm perfectly healthy and I am not addicted to anything but life."
Houston credits her own mother, Cissy Houston, with saving her from her addiction to crack cocaine. Houston told Oprah in 2009 that her mother forced her to rehab after getting a court injunction that allowed her to stage an intervention with armed police at Houston's door in 2004.
Bobbi Kristina's father -- R&B bad boy and Houston's ex-husband, Bobby Brown -- has a drug history of his own, and his daughter seems to be following in both her parents' hard-partying footsteps. This isn't the first news of the famous offspring's teen troubles. Rumors have also recently surfaced of a Bobbi Kristina sex tape.
Is Bobbi Kristina really in a tough spot, or does the National Enquirer just have it out for Houston's daughter? In 2008, the Enquirer reported that a then-15 Bobbi Kristina "tried to stab her mom during an argument -- and then attempted to kill herself by slashing her wrists."
Again in late 2010, the Enquirer called Bobbi Kristina "out of control" and "wild child," saying she was "going party-crazy."
On the flip side, NecoleBitchie.com writes that four years ago, "Whitney prohibited her then 14-year-old daughter from MySpace after photos of her supposedly drinking alcohol and smoking weed surfaced on the Internet." The site then displays photos of Bobbi Kristina blowing smoke and holding a red beer-pong style Solo cup.
Get more at AOL Music >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Game Of Thrones' stars get big pay raise
- Garth Brooks to give fans sneak peek of new album on Halloween
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Can scientists be sexy?
- Extra Scoop: Did Teresa Giudice Spend $10K on Daughter's Music Video?
- Big Change Announced for ?The View'? Are There More Shakeups Ahead?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Designs from Adrianna Papell
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!