Jon Bon Jovi: Steve Jobs Is 'Killing the Music Business'
While rock legends Bon Jovi have been living on a prayer, the music industry is living on borrowed time, according to frontman Jon Bon Jovi.
In an interview with London's Sunday Times magazine, the seasoned rocker, 49, bemoans the loss of music store culture and points his figure at an unlikely source of the industry's demise: Apple's head honcho Steve Jobs.
Bon Jovi says, "Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it."
Bon Jovi alludes to the notion that Apple's iTunes music store and its pay-per-song pricing model have destroyed music lovers' ability to fully appreciate the experience of buying an album.
"Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business," he says. "I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: 'What happened?'"
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chris Harrison blogs ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'
- Listen: Kate Hudson shares her favorite ?Overboard' lines and so much more
- ?RHONY' Star Aviva Drescher Explains Why She Threw Her Prosthetic Leg
- Hot Trailer! One Direction Is Headed to a Theater Near You!
- Extra Scoop: Lindsay Lohan's Kissing Partner Revealed
- Husband's Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses Not to Have Sex Goes Viral; Cameron Diaz Cuts Radio Interview Short After Host Disses Drew Barrymore: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Katherine Webb Shares Bikini Honeymoon Shot, Peek at Wedding to AJ McCarron
- Michael Rapaport Calls Spike Lee a "S--- Stain" During Gentrification Feud