Jon Bon Jovi: Steve Jobs Is 'Killing the Music Business'
While rock legends Bon Jovi have been living on a prayer, the music industry is living on borrowed time, according to frontman Jon Bon Jovi.
In an interview with London's Sunday Times magazine, the seasoned rocker, 49, bemoans the loss of music store culture and points his figure at an unlikely source of the industry's demise: Apple's head honcho Steve Jobs.
Bon Jovi says, "Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it."
Bon Jovi alludes to the notion that Apple's iTunes music store and its pay-per-song pricing model have destroyed music lovers' ability to fully appreciate the experience of buying an album.
"Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business," he says. "I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: 'What happened?'"
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Congratulations Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, you are FOX411's Celebrity of the Year
- Emily Ratajkowski: It's fun to finally have male nudity in film
- Chelsea Peretti started her stand-up career by telling fart jokes
- ?School of Rock' musical coming to Broadway, courtesy of Andrew Lloyd Webber
- ?The Colbert Report' has a yard sale and sells Michael Stipe, Beatles figurines, more
- Man Spends $150K to Look Like Kim K! Did It Work?
- Mel B's Husband Sounds-Off on Split Rumors
- Another Day, Another Nicki Minaj Nip Slip!
- Jennifer Lawrence Defies the Freezing NYC Weather in Light Jackets, Open-Toe Heels
- Jennifer Aniston: I Was "Cranky" and "Irritable" When I Stopped Exercising for My Cake Role
- Team America: World Police Showing in Place of The Interview at Texas Movie Theater: Details