Jon Bon Jovi: Steve Jobs Is 'Killing the Music Business'
While rock legends Bon Jovi have been living on a prayer, the music industry is living on borrowed time, according to frontman Jon Bon Jovi.
In an interview with London's Sunday Times magazine, the seasoned rocker, 49, bemoans the loss of music store culture and points his figure at an unlikely source of the industry's demise: Apple's head honcho Steve Jobs.
Bon Jovi says, "Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it."
Bon Jovi alludes to the notion that Apple's iTunes music store and its pay-per-song pricing model have destroyed music lovers' ability to fully appreciate the experience of buying an album.
"Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business," he says. "I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: 'What happened?'"
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mayim Bialik: I'll be spending upcoming holiday with my ex
- Luke Bryan recovering after minor surgery
- Trevor Noah's tweets called 'anti-Semitic,' 'racist,' 'sexist'
- Sneak Peek: Second Duggar Daughter Prepares to Say ?I Do'
- Get Inspired by the Style of 'Scandal'
- Bethenny Frankel Shows Off ?Skinny Girl' Beach Body with Mystery Man in Miami
- Kim and Kyle Richards Get In Nastiest Fight Ever and More Inside Details From the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Reunion Special
- Trevor Noah, New Daily Show Host, Faces Backlash Over Controversial Tweets: Details
- Katie Holmes Stuns in a Sexy Cutout Dress on the Red Carpet: See the Photos!