Lara Spencer Leaving 'The Insider' to Join 'Good Morning America'
Spencer, who previously served as a correspondent on GMA before moving on to her gig at the CBS-hosted news magazine, will start at her new position in May.
Linda Bell Blue, executive producer of 'The Insider,' tells The Hollywood Reporter that Spencer's news is "bittersweet."
"We respect her decision to accept this exciting opportunity and wish her every success in her new job," she says.
"We are grateful for all of [Spencer's] contributions since day one of 'The Insider,'" says Bell Blue.
ABC News president Ben Sherwood added in an e-mail to the ABC staff, "In this new role, Lara will bring her well-known and much admired versatility and vitality to a broad range of 'GMA' stories."Spencer's former position at 'The Insider' has been taken over by 'Entertainment Tonight' correspondent Kevin Frazier.
Bell Blue said of Frazier's new role, "Kevin has been an integral part of the 'ET/Insider' family for seven years. He is one of the most respected correspondents in entertainment news with incredible sources and connections that will be put to good use as co-anchor of 'The Insider.'"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lauren Conrad, William Tell Look Perfect In First Wedding Photo; Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger Headed For a Split
- Joe Manganiello Is Ridiculously Buff -- See His Impressive Gym Picture!
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Drinks Up To 14 Bottles of Wine a Day!
- Inside Jenelle Evans’ Major Delivery Room Drama
- Kim Zolciak Shows Off The Results Of Her Boob Job And Tummy Tuck
- Oscar-Worthy Actresses! Rosie O'Donnell And Whoopi Goldberg Given ?Lecture’ To Act Like ?Best Friends' On ?The View' PLUS Another Whoopi Slip Of The Tongue ?Pisses Off' ABC Execs
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?