Lara Spencer Leaving 'The Insider' to Join 'Good Morning America'
Spencer, who previously served as a correspondent on GMA before moving on to her gig at the CBS-hosted news magazine, will start at her new position in May.
Linda Bell Blue, executive producer of 'The Insider,' tells The Hollywood Reporter that Spencer's news is "bittersweet."
"We respect her decision to accept this exciting opportunity and wish her every success in her new job," she says.
"We are grateful for all of [Spencer's] contributions since day one of 'The Insider,'" says Bell Blue.
ABC News president Ben Sherwood added in an e-mail to the ABC staff, "In this new role, Lara will bring her well-known and much admired versatility and vitality to a broad range of 'GMA' stories."Spencer's former position at 'The Insider' has been taken over by 'Entertainment Tonight' correspondent Kevin Frazier.
Bell Blue said of Frazier's new role, "Kevin has been an integral part of the 'ET/Insider' family for seven years. He is one of the most respected correspondents in entertainment news with incredible sources and connections that will be put to good use as co-anchor of 'The Insider.'"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Man Tattoos The Dress (Yes, That One!) on His Leg: What Color Is It?
- Pierce Brosnan Holds Hands With Wife Keely Smith During Neighborhood Walk After Fire Damages Home: New Photos
- Demi Lovato Doesn't Have a Thigh Gap, But Still Loves Her Body: See Her Motivational Bikini Pic
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- ?Last Man On Earth' has strong premiere
- Madonna and Her "Sock Bitch" Puppet Talk Rebel Heart World Tour, Eat Cookies in Bed
- Kanye West Lectures Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, I Think There's Hope For Everyone—and More Yeezy Gems!
- Makeup & Match: How to Do the Perfect Smoky Eyes for Bold, Sexy Dresses