New Mel Gibson Mug Shot, Now With Less Smiling
By PopEater Staff Posted Mar 17th 2011 01:41PM
Mel Gibson turned himself in to get booked and released on a misdemeanor battery charge on Wednesday, and during his short time with the El Segundo Police Department, the 'Braveheart' actor was fingerprinted and had his photo taken. That mug shot has just been released and shows Gibson wearing a black T-shirt and staring blankly into the camera, this time without the faint smile he sported for his last booking photo, in 2006. Compare:
The booking was required as part of a plea deal he struck that spared him from jail in a criminal case involving accusations he abused his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
Gibson was accused of hitting Grigorieva in January 2010, but he pled no contest this past Friday without admitting guilt. He was given three years of probation and must attend a year of domestic violence counseling.
His last time in front of a booking camera was in July 2006 when he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving following an anti-Semitic and sexist tirade involving the police.
While the actor was turning himself in, Jodie Foster was singing his praises on the red carpet of the premiere of their film together, 'The Beaver.'
"I was very lucky to work with him [Mel] and have him as part of the movie," Foster told reporters. "No regrets at all having him in the movie."
According to PopEater columnist Rob Shuter, Foster and the film's producers asked Gibson to steer clear of the premiere. "Having him attend was just going to be too big of a risk. He could have gotten booed on the red carpet before the film even began," according to an insider.
► Jodie Shooed Mel Away From 'Beaver' Premiere; Missed Opportunity?
MORE ABOUT Mel Gibson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mel Gibson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ludacris Speaks Out About "Over the Line" Paul Walker Jokes
- 'SNL': Dwayne Johnson Becomes Bambi, Mocks Robert Durst (Video)
- Dwayne Johnson Destroys Foes as "The Rock Obama" in 'SNL' Cold Open (Video)
- 'Spectre' in Mexico City: What We Know About the James Bond Movie's Opening Scene
- The First 'Spectre' Teaser Trailer Is Finally Here (VIDEO)
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Hosts: A Timeline