Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger May Be Better Off Without Marriage
By Emily Hall Posted Mar 18th 2011 03:00PM
In May 2005, an overzealous Renee Zellweger wed country music star Kenny Chesney, whom she hardly knew, and split from him that September. (The marriage was annulled citing "fraud.") Her current boyfriend, Bradley Cooper, was briefly married to 'Blue Bloods' actress Jennifer Esposito, but that quickly ended in divorce.
Since 'Limitless' star Cooper and Oscar winner Zellweger have been married to others -- but for only four months each -- we're not sure either should be in a hurry to try it again.
When Oprah Winfrey asked Chesney what happened between he and Zellwegger, the singer said the marriage was "out of the box," although he felt the actress was a "sweet soul."
He also feared the idea of marriage made him lose his identity, saying, "I just don't know that I've found anybody bigger than that."
Earlier this week, Cooper told Howard Stern on his Sirius XM radio show that his December 2006 marriage to Esposito, which ended when she filed for divorce in May 2007, was just something that "happened." He has said he is not bitter, and that he and Espositio realized they had made a mistake.
When asked about his intent to marry Texas-reared Zellweger, whom he met six years ago when they filmed the long-delayed film 'Case 39' and began dating in July 2009, Cooper, who has also dated Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston, avoided responding.
Even though rumors were swirling last spring that the couple had gotten engaged, nothing has happened beyond dating -- which could be a good thing.
Zellweger, who started her career in the film 'Dazed and Confused' and was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame last week, has dated an eclectic mix of high profile men, from George Clooney and Jim Carrey to Matthew Perry and Bruce Willis.
But the actress has told reporters that she is a bit insecure, and is still trying to figure out how to "accept" and mold her success and figure out what she wants in life.
No matter how much love seems to exist in a relationship, until people get a grip on their own lives and ambitions, it is usually better to remain single.
MORE ABOUT Bradley Cooper
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bradley Cooper Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- 'The Conjuring' Sequel Pushed for Untitled Horror Film
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA for WME
- TIFFCOM: South Korea's 'Hide and Seek' to Get Chinese-Language Remake
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores