Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger May Be Better Off Without Marriage
By Emily Hall Posted Mar 18th 2011 03:00PM
In May 2005, an overzealous Renee Zellweger wed country music star Kenny Chesney, whom she hardly knew, and split from him that September. (The marriage was annulled citing "fraud.") Her current boyfriend, Bradley Cooper, was briefly married to 'Blue Bloods' actress Jennifer Esposito, but that quickly ended in divorce.
Since 'Limitless' star Cooper and Oscar winner Zellweger have been married to others -- but for only four months each -- we're not sure either should be in a hurry to try it again.
When Oprah Winfrey asked Chesney what happened between he and Zellwegger, the singer said the marriage was "out of the box," although he felt the actress was a "sweet soul."
He also feared the idea of marriage made him lose his identity, saying, "I just don't know that I've found anybody bigger than that."
Earlier this week, Cooper told Howard Stern on his Sirius XM radio show that his December 2006 marriage to Esposito, which ended when she filed for divorce in May 2007, was just something that "happened." He has said he is not bitter, and that he and Espositio realized they had made a mistake.
When asked about his intent to marry Texas-reared Zellweger, whom he met six years ago when they filmed the long-delayed film 'Case 39' and began dating in July 2009, Cooper, who has also dated Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston, avoided responding.
Even though rumors were swirling last spring that the couple had gotten engaged, nothing has happened beyond dating -- which could be a good thing.
Zellweger, who started her career in the film 'Dazed and Confused' and was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame last week, has dated an eclectic mix of high profile men, from George Clooney and Jim Carrey to Matthew Perry and Bruce Willis.
But the actress has told reporters that she is a bit insecure, and is still trying to figure out how to "accept" and mold her success and figure out what she wants in life.
No matter how much love seems to exist in a relationship, until people get a grip on their own lives and ambitions, it is usually better to remain single.
MORE ABOUT Bradley Cooper
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bradley Cooper Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Harvey Weinstein Backing Publicist Leslie Sloane's New Venture
- ABC Family Adds Paranormal Drama Pilot 'Stitchers'
- TV Ratings: 'Mad Men' Gets Nearly 75 Percent Lift From First DVR Boost
- ?Parks and Recreation' and babies: What will happen to the show?
- The 20 Best Summer Blockbusters of All Time: ?Ghostbusters'
- A ?Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- Johnny Depp Facts: 33 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the A-List Star
- The First 'Jersey Boys' Trailer Will Have You Tapping Your Toes (VIDEO)
- 'Transcendence' Review: A Journey Into the Absurd