'Friday' Singer Rebecca Black Speaks Out
By Kelly Fisher Posted Mar 18th 2011 09:01AM
After earning more than 16 million YouTube views, becoming a top Twitter Trending Topic and landing at No. 31 on the iTunes Top 100, Black should be celebrating. Instead, she claims she's found herself as the target of hurtful online bullying -- something she's trying not to let bother her.
Black was interviewed on 'Good Morning America' and spoke out on her fast rise to fame and the hurtful comments she's received.
When asked if the past week or so has seemed like a dream, Black replied, "I really do. I can't tell whether I'm awake or not."
She continued, "After seeing it go form 4,000 views to 70,000 views in one night and then waking up to see it was at 200,000 views, that's when I knew it was going to be big."
Her parents shelled out an unspecified amount of money for her to record the song and video with the Ark Music Factory, according to GMA.
"It doesn't bother me," she said when asked about comments about it being the Worst Song Ever. It's the remarks telling her to go "cut herself" and "get an eating disorder" that cross the line in her book.
Admitting she cried when she first saw some of the nasty comments, Black defends her music endeavor.
"I think I have talent on some level," she said. "I don't think I'm the worst singer, I don't think I'm the best singer."
The 13-year-old singer is just that -- 13 years old. She has dreams of becoming a pop star and has caught Bieber Fever, referring to teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber.
"Justin, if you're watching this right now, would you do a duet with me?" she asked the singer. "That would be just unreal -- it would make my life!"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Watch with us: The SAG Awards
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Ryan Reynolds Just Said What About Breastfeeding?
- Stephen Collins and Faye Grant Avoid Trial, Reach Divorce Settlement
- Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams Call It Quits
- Farrah Abraham Steps Out With New Boyfriend Simon Saran in Las Vegas After Lip Injection Scare: Pictures!
- Nikki Reed Talks Fiance Ian Somerhalder: "He's the Most Amazing Man That's Ever Walked the Planet"
- Full House Cast Reunites For Creator Jeff Franklin's Birthday: See Bob Saget, Lori Loughlin, John Stamos, More, Plus the Cast Sings the Theme Song!