'How I Met Your Mother' star Josh Radnor -- who plays Ted on the hit CBS comedy -- says his defining moment was during his career in politics ... student politics. "I was the president of my senior class in high school. I gave the speech at high school graduation. And the gist of my speech was that -- everyone will tell you high school is the best time of your life, enjoy it. And I always found that so depressing. I liked high school where I went but I also knew it was difficult and challenging. So I gave this speech about how we shouldn't listen to that and it was nonsense and that we should try to make every time in our life the best time in our life."
I gave this speech about how we shouldn't listen to that and it was nonsense and that we should try to make every time in our life the best time in our life
"Weirdly, I look back and realize I was giving myself advice for the future. How to not overly nostalgia-ize -- if that's a word -- and don't paint a picture of how wonderful a time was because you have to suffer where you leave it."
"Then two years ago I was invited back to be the graduation speaker, so that was a nice and interesting bookend, to have given a speech how many ever years ago and then do another speech where I got to bring it all together. So that was really exciting."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield Photographed Together First Time Post-Split
- Lena Headey Reveals Second Baby Gender: Game of Thrones Star Expecting Girl
- Vampire Diaries Stars Candice Accola, Kat Graham Share Favorite Nina Dobrev Memories With Us Weekly: Watch!
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Kim Richards Attends Daughter Brooke's "Dream" Wedding in Mexico With Kyle Richards and Paris Hilton
- Kylie Jenner Kicks Off Memorial Day Weekend With Sexy Bikini Tops and Soaking Wet Jeans—Take a Look!
- Lance Gross Is Married! Actor Says "I Do" to Fiancée Rebecca Jefferson in Los Angeles