'How I Met Your Mother' star Josh Radnor -- who plays Ted on the hit CBS comedy -- says his defining moment was during his career in politics ... student politics. "I was the president of my senior class in high school. I gave the speech at high school graduation. And the gist of my speech was that -- everyone will tell you high school is the best time of your life, enjoy it. And I always found that so depressing. I liked high school where I went but I also knew it was difficult and challenging. So I gave this speech about how we shouldn't listen to that and it was nonsense and that we should try to make every time in our life the best time in our life."
I gave this speech about how we shouldn't listen to that and it was nonsense and that we should try to make every time in our life the best time in our life
"Weirdly, I look back and realize I was giving myself advice for the future. How to not overly nostalgia-ize -- if that's a word -- and don't paint a picture of how wonderful a time was because you have to suffer where you leave it."
"Then two years ago I was invited back to be the graduation speaker, so that was a nice and interesting bookend, to have given a speech how many ever years ago and then do another speech where I got to bring it all together. So that was really exciting."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joe Jonas "Goes Bald," Rocks a Turtleneck in Kitten-Inspired Holiday Pic
- Demi Lovato Said She Got Sober Because of Her Younger Sister Madison
- Zoe Kravitz Flaunts Bikini Body in Nude Snakeskin Two Piece in Miami: Picture
- Records: Jane Fonda's charity foundation hasn't made donation in 5 years
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare