'How I Met Your Mother' star Josh Radnor -- who plays Ted on the hit CBS comedy -- says his defining moment was during his career in politics ... student politics. "I was the president of my senior class in high school. I gave the speech at high school graduation. And the gist of my speech was that -- everyone will tell you high school is the best time of your life, enjoy it. And I always found that so depressing. I liked high school where I went but I also knew it was difficult and challenging. So I gave this speech about how we shouldn't listen to that and it was nonsense and that we should try to make every time in our life the best time in our life."
I gave this speech about how we shouldn't listen to that and it was nonsense and that we should try to make every time in our life the best time in our life
"Weirdly, I look back and realize I was giving myself advice for the future. How to not overly nostalgia-ize -- if that's a word -- and don't paint a picture of how wonderful a time was because you have to suffer where you leave it."
"Then two years ago I was invited back to be the graduation speaker, so that was a nice and interesting bookend, to have given a speech how many ever years ago and then do another speech where I got to bring it all together. So that was really exciting."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Madonna Splits With Boyfriend Timor Steffens Amidst Birthday Vacation
- Jill Duggar Pregnant, Expecting Baby With Husband Derick Dillard: Timeline to Pregnancy News
- Emma Stone to Replace Michelle Williams in Broadway's Cabaret
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural