Kevin Costner Signs On to Zack Snyder's 'Superman: Man of Steel'
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 18th 2011 11:25AM
Warner Brothers confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Costner will assume the role of Kent family patriarch in the Zack Snyder-directed movie, to be co-produced by 'The Dark Knight' director Christopher Nolan.
In a statement, the studio announced, "Jonathan Kent is the only father figure Clark has ever had, the man who was there to help Clark understand what he was meant to do in the world as Superman. Kevin will be able to communicate the quiet strength of this rural American man who raised the greatest superhero of all time."
Costner will be joined in the 'Watchmen' and '300' director's superhero flick by Diane Lane, who has been cast as Superman's adoptive mother, Martha Kent.
British actor Henry Cavill of 'The Tudors' fame will star as the Man of Steel, marking the first time a non-American has tackled the iconic role.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- 'Mad Men' Alum Bryan Batt Reflects on Sal, Smoking and His Three Seasons With the Show
- Let's You and Him Fight: A Superhero vs. Superhero Slugfest Primer
- Box Office: 'Avengers' Explodes Abroad, 'Furious 7' Hangs On to Top Spot in North America
- Weekend Box Office: 'Furious 7' Cruises to Top Spot
- Will One of These Five Actors Will Be the Next Spider-Man?
- The Top 10 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time