Tupac Shakur Biopic Now Casting For Lead Role
By Boombox Editors Posted Mar 18th 2011 10:45AM
Casting officially begins on March 21, and interested parties can head over to a new website called In Search of Tupac and submit a five-minute video audition sometime in the next month. As producer David Robinson tells it, the producers want someone with the right combination of rawness and charisma -- just like Pac himself.
"At this point, we're more concerned about finding someone with the ability to give their entire heart into the performance than just looks and personality," he told TooFab.com.
As previously reported, filming will be led by 'Training Day' director Antoine Fuqua. James G. Robinson, David Robinson, LT Hutton and Tupac's mother Afeni Shakur are signed on as executive producers. The search for an unknown leading man to a play an iconic rapper will definitely draw similarities to the long search for casting during the production of the Biggie biopic 'Notorious.'
Watch Tupac's 'Changes' video.
Get more at The Boombox.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert De Niro hit with $6.4 million tax lien, documents say
- Report: Robert De Niro owes $6.4 million to IRS
- UFC champ Ronda Rousey in feud with ring girl Arianny Celeste
- Robin Williams' Daughter's First Interview Since Her Father's Death
- Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid Put Breakup Rumors to Rest
- Drew Barrymore Writing Book of Essays on Growing Up Famous, Motherhood
- Sparkly Blackface Makeup Hits the Runway at Milan Fashion Week: See Pics of the Show
- Kim Kardashian Reaches 27 Million on Instagram, Rewards Followers With a Sexy, Semi-NSFW Booty-Baring Thong Snap