'Billy Elliot' Dancer, 12, Killed in U.K. Bus Accident
By The Editors at AOL News Posted Mar 19th 2011 12:49PM
Charlotte Leatherbarrow, 12, was crossing a road near her home when she was struck down. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The schoolgirl reportedly played the role of a young ballerina in the long-running West End stage production, which features an award-winning score composed by Sir Elton John.
The grieving family said, "Charlotte was a fun-loving, thoughtful, caring and bubbly girl. She loved life and lived it to the full. Each and every one of us will miss her enormously."
A spokesman for the production said, "The cast, crew and production team of 'Billy Elliot the Musical' were devastated to hear the tragic news about 12-year-old Charlotte Leatherbarrow, one of the show's young performers. At this terribly sad time, our thoughts are with her family."
Charlotte was hit by the bus while crossing Herne Hill Road in southeast London on Thursday evening. The bus driver, treated at the scene, escaped without serious injury. The accident is being investigated by police.
Alan Bradshaw, the children's dance captain for the company, who worked closely with Charlotte during her stint on 'Billy Elliot,' paid tribute to her on behalf of fellow cast and crew members.
"Charlotte was the most adorable girl," he said. "She was lively and energetic, had a wonderful smile and was an absolute pleasure to work with."
Read more from AOL News here >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice care at his home
- Prolific crime and mystery writer Ruth Rendell dies
- Ireland Baldwin out of rehab but still getting help
- The Fight of the Century! Who Won ... Manny or Mayweather?
- Stars Come Out for Pacquiao vs. Mayweather Fight!
- Stars are Obsessed with Overalls! Learn How to Dress ?Em Up and Down
- The Little Princess Is Here! Gush Over These 5 Outfits Kate Middleton Should Dress Her Daughter In
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Welcome Baby Princess: 5 Best Highlights!
- Brooklyn Decker Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Andy Roddick: Baby Bump Photo!