Kirstie Alley Terrified About Tonight's 'Dancing With the Stars'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 21st 2011 11:25AM
Self-described "fat actress" Kirstie Alley is so terrified of taking to the ballroom floor Monday evening for the premiere of 'Dancing With the Stars' that some insiders are worried she might be too scared to actually dance.
"You have no idea how nerve-wracking that first dance can be in front of a live audience in the ballroom, the judges and millions of viewers that are watching from home," an insider tells me. "Rehearsals help you make all the right moves, but dancing on an empty stage and blocking out your routine with the cameras is very different from going live."
Making matters even harder for Kirstie is the fact that the talented actress isn't used to performing live. Aside from 'Cheers,' Alley has never relied heavily on entertaining live like fellow dancer and talk show host Wendy Williams, or faced the pressure of live events like contender Sugar Ray Leonard. But if Kirstie can keep her nerves in check, insiders tell me she has a good chance of going far.
"In practice she has been amazing and is a front-runner," an insider tells me. "I know we made the mistake of thinking David Hasselhoff was a front-runner last season -- oops! -- but the amount of curiosity over Kirstie and the amount of work she is putting into doing this means she could go all the way."
Last night Kirstie tweeted, "Life feels pretty beautiful right this minute. Thankful." Let's hope she thinks the same thing tonight!
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Fight: Watch Porsha Williams Attack Kenya Moore in Brawl
- Kevin Sharp Death: Country Singer Dies at Age 43 From Cancer Complications
- Lindsay Lohan Miscarriage: Actress Reveals Lost Pregnancy on OWN Show
- Secret Behind The ?RHOA’ Reunion Fight Finally Revealed! Kenya Moore Accused Porsha Williams Of Cheating On Her Husband Kordell Stewart
- Yeahhhh Jetes! Model girlfriend Hannah Davis says she's the stay-at-home type
- Billy Bob Thornton says there is a 'prejudice against the South' in Hollywood
- Nudity riders: How much skin an actor shows spelled out beforehand
- Jessica Simpson's Easter Family Fun: Maxwell & Ace Play With Cousin Bronx Wentz, BFF Rocco Faison—See the Pics!
- Miss America Nina Davuluri Defends Patrick Farves After He Gets Suspended for Asking Her to Prom
- Olivia Palermo Poses for Brides Magazine, Talks Wedding Style and Sweet Romance—See the Dreamy Pics!