Kirstie Alley Terrified About Tonight's 'Dancing With the Stars'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 21st 2011 11:25AM
Self-described "fat actress" Kirstie Alley is so terrified of taking to the ballroom floor Monday evening for the premiere of 'Dancing With the Stars' that some insiders are worried she might be too scared to actually dance.
"You have no idea how nerve-wracking that first dance can be in front of a live audience in the ballroom, the judges and millions of viewers that are watching from home," an insider tells me. "Rehearsals help you make all the right moves, but dancing on an empty stage and blocking out your routine with the cameras is very different from going live."
Making matters even harder for Kirstie is the fact that the talented actress isn't used to performing live. Aside from 'Cheers,' Alley has never relied heavily on entertaining live like fellow dancer and talk show host Wendy Williams, or faced the pressure of live events like contender Sugar Ray Leonard. But if Kirstie can keep her nerves in check, insiders tell me she has a good chance of going far.
"In practice she has been amazing and is a front-runner," an insider tells me. "I know we made the mistake of thinking David Hasselhoff was a front-runner last season -- oops! -- but the amount of curiosity over Kirstie and the amount of work she is putting into doing this means she could go all the way."
Last night Kirstie tweeted, "Life feels pretty beautiful right this minute. Thankful." Let's hope she thinks the same thing tonight!
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sharon Stone Was Diva On Golden Boy Set, Made Outrageous Demands, Italian Filmmakers Claim
- Zoe Saldana Pole Dances With Marco Perego While Pregnant: Funny Video
- James Blunt Marries Sofia Wellesley, Celebrates In Lavish Majorca Ceremony: Details
- Sam Worthington Attends The Dew Tour Brooklyn Kickoff Party
- Back Off, Bullies! Kendall Jenner Befriends Alessandra Ambrosio After Mean Models Gang Up On Her At New York Fashion Week
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Melissa Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember Joan Rivers' Humor—Watch the Touching Clip!
- Jonny Drubel Loses His Temper After Woman Rudely Tells Him to Not Wear Lip Gloss—Watch the Outrageous #RichKids Clip!
- Nattie Attacks Summer Rae and Pulls Her Out of a Car by Her Hair—See the Intense Total Divas Moment!