Kate Walsh: 'I Feel Like a Loser' For Not Having Kids
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 21st 2011 03:25PM
The 'Grey's Anatomy' star opened up to More magazine about work, children and how she's dealt with the pain of a public divorce.
The actress, who ended her relationship with movie executive Alex Young in 2008 after just 15 months of marriage, says of her split, "[It was] the worst thing ever. It was so public, and yet it was so legal-embroiled. You couldn't talk about anything."
While Walsh has found love again with boyfriend Neil Andrea, she admits to being acutely aware of her ticking biological clock.
"I feel like a loser," says the 43-year-old star of being childless.
"I would definitely love to be a parent. But I definitely don't think I want to do it on my own ... I thought I'd be married and have three or four kids. I always knew I wanted to be an actress, but I think I always wanted a quote-unquote normal life because I had a very untraditional upbringing."
Despite wanting a family to call her own, Walsh admits that with age has come maturity and increased patience.
"I've always had the courage thing down, but then I had to develop the rest," she says. "I've learned to seek other people's counsel more. That's a good part of growing up."
Watch POP-arazzi, our weekly video roundup of the latest craziness in pop culture:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrities' Thanksgiving Messages: See Photos From Taylor Swift, Beyonce
- Melissa Rivers Celebrates First Thanksgiving Without Joan Rivers, Remembers Mother in Sweet Photo
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Sweatpants to Wear While Doing Your Online Shopping (And to Spend Your Whole Weekend In)
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams