John Travolta Angers Qantas Employees With In-Flight Video Appearance
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 22nd 2011 01:15PM
Employees at Australia's national airline, Qantas, are more than a bit miffed after actor John Travolta showed up on-screen in full pilot regalia to introduce their most recent in-flight safety video.
Travolta, who is a certified private pilot, tells passengers, "This is your captain speaking -- well, maybe not today," which Qantas employees have panned as "tacky" and "corny," in addition to being insistent about having a "real" pilot make the announcement.
While Travolta's experience has mainly involved flying small planes, in 2010, he famously piloted Oprah Winfrey's entire studio audience to Australia as part of an all-expenses paid trip to celebrate her talk show's final season.
Check out John Travolta's video for Qantas.
MORE ABOUT John Travolta
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about John Travolta Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?The Sound of Music Live!' was exciting and fun, but not without its flaws
- Alec Baldwin returning to TV as a host on Jan. 6 for TCM special
- Mike Tyson talks religon: 'I need Allah'
- The Politics Behind the National Film Registry
- Nelson Mandela's Death: U.K. Columnist Attacks BBC for Extensive Coverage
- Dustin Hoffman Joins Stephen Frears' Lance Armstrong Biopic
- Remembering Madiba: Paul Simon, Bill Clinton, P. Diddy, more share thoughts on Nelson Mandela
- Morgan Freeman on Nelson Mandela, plus a tribute to Madiba with the actors who've played him ? VIDEO
- ?Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95: Idris Elba, Morgan Freeman Pay Tribute to the South African Icon
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Bryan Singer Announces 2016 Follow-Up to 'Days of Future Past'
- 'A Christmas Story' Pole Scene Hilariously Re-Created on NYC Subway (VIDEO)