'Glee' Set to Release a Warblers-Only CD
By Rae Votta Posted Mar 23rd 2011 04:47PM
'Glee: The Music Presents The Warblers' will hit stores April 19 and in addition to the songs already featured on the show, the CD will include three all-new tunes. (The only suspiciously missing track is Kurt and Blaine's Christmas duet of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside.') We've got a roundup of all the songs from the CD and how they fit into the Glee-verse.
1. 'Teenage Dream' -- The Katy Perry track kicked off the Warblers' appearances on the show when Kurt spied on the rival team during episode six. We were all as smitten as Kurt with the dreamy singing group.
2. 'Hey Soul Sister' -- This was their next appearance after Kurt Hummel left McKinley High and joined the group just in time for Sectionals. Their performance of the Train tune was good enough to tie them with the New Directions for the championship.
3. 'Bills, Bills, Bills' -- While the post-Super Bowl episode focused mainly on the New Directions, 'Glee' was able to squeeze in an appearance by the Warblers, featuring them in their practice room working on this rendition of the Destiny's Child classic.
4. 'Silly Love Songs' -- Performed during the Valentine's episode, Kurt dedicates this performance to all his single friends after his crush on Blaine doesn't work out exactly as he'd planned.
5. 'When I Get You Alone' -- Also from the Valentine's episode when Blaine uses the Robin Thicke track to serenade his crush (not Kurt) at a GAP, with the help of his fellow Warblers. Despite his best efforts, his crush doesn't react the way Blaine hopes.
6. 'Animal' -- In an attempt to up their 'Sexy' game, the Warblers perform this Neon Trees song in a test run for their sister school. The girls react positively, though they're dismayed when they find out the lead singer, Blaine, isn't interested in them.
7. 'Misery' -- The Maroon 5 track opened the most recent episode, with Blaine declaring it as the perfect song for Regionals, only to have Kurt point out it was pretty typical of the Warblers and they should think outside of the box.
8. 'Blackbird' -- After the death of his beloved Warbler (an actual bird, not a boy!), Kurt sings this Beatles song in memoriam. The scene also serves as the backdrop to Blaine realizing his romantic feelings for Kurt.
9. 'Candles' -- Kurt and Blaine turn this Hey Monday song into a duet for Regionals competition after Blaine takes to heart the complaint that he has monopolized all the Warblers' solos.
10. 'Raise Your Glass' -- This Pink competition piece from Regionals featuring Blaine on lead was not enough to secure the win for the Warblers against New Directions. But they gave it a good try and definitely stepped up their dance moves from Sectionals.
11. 'Somewhere Only We Know' -- The tune is a spoiler song for an upcoming episode. While we don't know how this will work into the future plot-lines of 'Glee,' but the lyrics seem to imply something about the potential distance between Kurt and Blaine after Kurt's eventual transfer back to McKinley.
12. 'What Kind Of Fool' -- Darren Criss (Blaine) and the Warblers performed this Streisand number to honor her at The GRAMMYs MusicCares event in Los Angeles. The CD will be the first time this performance is made public.
13. 'Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?' -- It's most likely a rejected song from the 'Sexy' episode. If it's anything like this amazing Rod Stewart performance, fans will be... thrilled?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Watch a Supercut of Stars Getting Slimed!
- Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise Live It Up at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Pics!
- Nick Jonas Gets Drenched in Slime at 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Watch the Video!