Michael Lohan 'Lives Hand to Mouth,' Called Lindsay to Bail Him Out of Jail
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 23rd 2011 10:45PM
EXCLUSIVE: As is normally the case when Michael Lohan is involved, the series of events leading to his arrest Monday on domestic violence charges are hazy at best. But the picture is starting to get clearer, with a friend of Kate Major's revealing to me that the whole "ugly" episode revolved around money and, more to the point, Michael's lack of it.
Florida native Kate was in Los Angeles because Michael "begged" her to be taped on 'Celebrity Rehab' with him and she agreed.
"While she was there they had a huge argument over the money he owed her and it got really ugly," the family friend says. "Mike doesn't have a job and lives hand to mouth. He had been angry all day that a check he had couldn't be cashed. Kate was so worried she left a message for a friend that said, 'I'm nervous, he has that look in his eyes.'"
Michael was arrested on Monday and slapped with felony domestic violence charges, which were quickly dropped and replaced with a single misdemeanor charge of "inflicting injury on a Cohabitant." Bail was initially set at $30,000, and to no ones surprise, he called his famous daughter Lindsay to seek out a loan for the cash. Smart girl turned her daddy down.
"Lindsay wants nothing to do with her father," a family insider tells me. "He has betrayed her one too many times. He only ever calls her when he wants something and she has finally learned to say no."
Remarkably, Michael was eventually released from custody without having to post any bail and was ordered to appear in court on May 23rd for his arraignment. The episode has left Kate Major shaking her head.
"I should have known better," Kate, a one-time love of Jon Gosselin, tells me exclusively. "I'm physically and emotionally in a lot of pain and can't comment further."
Oh, but Michael has no issue with talking, swearing to RadarOnline.com that HE is the victim here.
"I didn't touch her," Michael said. "I didn't do a damn thing to her. I'm going to press charges against Kate, and I'm going to try to have her arrested before she leaves California. I have to see what's missing and have her charged with robbery."
Too late. I've learned Kate has already left LA and is back with her family in Florida.
This is gonna be ugly.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie Talks Maleficent in New Featurette: "We've Respected the Classic"
- Ashton Kutcher, Pregnant Mila Kunis Visit New Orleans Brewery: Picture
- Khloe Kardashian, New Boyfriend French Montana Spotted Out on a Date: Picture
- Acting For The Court? Oscar Pistorius Accused Of Taking Drama Lessons Before His Trial
- Jenelle Evans Picks Her Baby Daddy Up From Jail After He Gets Early Release
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Neil Patrick Harris Curses at Fan During Hedwig and the Angry Inch Broadway Performance
- Easter Celebrations: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and More!
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Arrive in Los Angeles After Trip to Louisiana—See the Actress' Baby Bump!