Michael Lohan 'Lives Hand to Mouth,' Called Lindsay to Bail Him Out of Jail
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 23rd 2011 10:45PM
EXCLUSIVE: As is normally the case when Michael Lohan is involved, the series of events leading to his arrest Monday on domestic violence charges are hazy at best. But the picture is starting to get clearer, with a friend of Kate Major's revealing to me that the whole "ugly" episode revolved around money and, more to the point, Michael's lack of it.
Florida native Kate was in Los Angeles because Michael "begged" her to be taped on 'Celebrity Rehab' with him and she agreed.
"While she was there they had a huge argument over the money he owed her and it got really ugly," the family friend says. "Mike doesn't have a job and lives hand to mouth. He had been angry all day that a check he had couldn't be cashed. Kate was so worried she left a message for a friend that said, 'I'm nervous, he has that look in his eyes.'"
Michael was arrested on Monday and slapped with felony domestic violence charges, which were quickly dropped and replaced with a single misdemeanor charge of "inflicting injury on a Cohabitant." Bail was initially set at $30,000, and to no ones surprise, he called his famous daughter Lindsay to seek out a loan for the cash. Smart girl turned her daddy down.
"Lindsay wants nothing to do with her father," a family insider tells me. "He has betrayed her one too many times. He only ever calls her when he wants something and she has finally learned to say no."
Remarkably, Michael was eventually released from custody without having to post any bail and was ordered to appear in court on May 23rd for his arraignment. The episode has left Kate Major shaking her head.
"I should have known better," Kate, a one-time love of Jon Gosselin, tells me exclusively. "I'm physically and emotionally in a lot of pain and can't comment further."
Oh, but Michael has no issue with talking, swearing to RadarOnline.com that HE is the victim here.
"I didn't touch her," Michael said. "I didn't do a damn thing to her. I'm going to press charges against Kate, and I'm going to try to have her arrested before she leaves California. I have to see what's missing and have her charged with robbery."
Too late. I've learned Kate has already left LA and is back with her family in Florida.
This is gonna be ugly.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Addresses Candis Cayne Dating Rumors
- Bachelor in Paradise Season 2 Premiere Recap: Ashley I. Falls Hard for Jared
- Cosby Show Producer: Bill Cosby Rape Allegations "Kind of Tarnished" the Show's Legacy
- 'Mission: Impossible' climbs to No. 1, 'Vacation' is a bust
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Dave Annable's Wife Odette Celebrates Second Baby Shower in One Week: "I Feel So Blessed"
- Bachelor in Paradise is Back and Full of Tears: Who's Falling For Who After One Episode?
- Jamie Chung Celebrates Upcoming Wedding With Enchanting Bridal Shower and Surprise Tribute to The Bachelor