Taylor Momsen Wishes Tabloids Would Focus on Her Music, Not Her Style
By Jonathan Dekel Posted Mar 24th 2011 02:16PM
As her co-songwriter/guitarist Ben Phillips put it, "This chick is crazy!"
Speaking in promotion of her band, the Pretty Reckless, front-woman Momsen pulls no punches in regards to her bad girl reputation, which has been growing since the actress took a hiatus from her day job as Jenny Humphrey on 'Gossip Girl' to focus on her music.
"I think music needs danger," Momsen tells PopEater. "It needs that risk."
And Momsen has been no slouch in the risk department. The 17-year-old's antics -- which include flashing audiences, wearing suggestive shirts onstage and speaking openly about her masturbation habits -- have sent the media and concerned parents into a frenzy. Though to hear her say it, Momsen's just being Momsen.
MORE ABOUT Taylor Momsen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Taylor Momsen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Report: Robin Thicke Is Admitting Defeat in Battle to Save His Marriage
- Sweet Pic! Kim Kardashian Shares Big Milestone for Daughter
- ?Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer: Christian, Anastasia? and Bondage, Oh My!
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians