Taylor Momsen Wishes Tabloids Would Focus on Her Music, Not Her Style
By Jonathan Dekel Posted Mar 24th 2011 02:16PM
As her co-songwriter/guitarist Ben Phillips put it, "This chick is crazy!"
Speaking in promotion of her band, the Pretty Reckless, front-woman Momsen pulls no punches in regards to her bad girl reputation, which has been growing since the actress took a hiatus from her day job as Jenny Humphrey on 'Gossip Girl' to focus on her music.
"I think music needs danger," Momsen tells PopEater. "It needs that risk."
And Momsen has been no slouch in the risk department. The 17-year-old's antics -- which include flashing audiences, wearing suggestive shirts onstage and speaking openly about her masturbation habits -- have sent the media and concerned parents into a frenzy. Though to hear her say it, Momsen's just being Momsen.
MORE ABOUT Taylor Momsen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Taylor Momsen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in intimate beach ceremony
- Casting Jesus is a key marketing decision
- Alfonso Cuaron's next act is supernatural TV tale 'Believe'
- ?Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. to Tie the Knot
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"