Taylor Momsen Wishes Tabloids Would Focus on Her Music, Not Her Style
By Jonathan Dekel Posted Mar 24th 2011 02:16PM
As her co-songwriter/guitarist Ben Phillips put it, "This chick is crazy!"
Speaking in promotion of her band, the Pretty Reckless, front-woman Momsen pulls no punches in regards to her bad girl reputation, which has been growing since the actress took a hiatus from her day job as Jenny Humphrey on 'Gossip Girl' to focus on her music.
"I think music needs danger," Momsen tells PopEater. "It needs that risk."
And Momsen has been no slouch in the risk department. The 17-year-old's antics -- which include flashing audiences, wearing suggestive shirts onstage and speaking openly about her masturbation habits -- have sent the media and concerned parents into a frenzy. Though to hear her say it, Momsen's just being Momsen.
MORE ABOUT Taylor Momsen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Taylor Momsen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- Comic-Con 2014: Charlize Theron Looks Tough in ?Mad Max: Fury Road' Trailer
- Check Out 'Lucy' Star Scarlett Johansson's Sexiest Moments!
- Rihanna ?Fears for Physical Safety' After Man Caught at Her NYC Apartment
- Liam Payne Shares Naked, Pixilated, Full Frontal Snap, Sends One Direction Fans into Frenzy with Cheeky Prank
- Scheana Marie Marries Michael Shay: Details on the Vanderpump Rules Star's Wedding
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Episode 3 Recap: Amber Marchese Stirs Up Drama With Twins, Milania Guidice Turns Up the Sass