'Barefoot Contessa' Ina Garten Refuses to Meet 6-Year-Old Cancer Patient
By Sarah Crow Posted Mar 25th 2011 12:45PM
Garten, known to many by her TV moniker 'Barefoot Contessa,' has refused to meet a 6-year-old boy suffering from cancer, despite his multiple pleas.
The boy, Enzo, is suffering from acute lymphoblastic leukemia and reached out to Garten through the Make-A-Wish Foundation for the first time three years ago, asking for the celebrity chef to take time to cook with him.
His request fell upon deaf ears, however. Garten's rep told TMZ, "As much as [Garten] would like to, it's absolutely impossible for her to grant every request she receives."
The little boy, who specifically requested to meet Garten because he had watched her show while sick in bed, made a second request through Make-A-Wish, which was met with a "definite no."
Enzo, who asked his parents, "Why doesn't she want to meet me?" has chosen another wish, which the foundation has been able to grant -- the brave little boy is currently taking lessons to prepare for his new dream: to swim with dolphins.
Make-A-Wish issued a statement regarding Garten's refusal of Enzo's request, writing, "From time to time, planning for wishes doesn't turn out as originally envisioned, despite people's best intentions and efforts throughout the wish-granting process."
Watch Ina Garten make Bloody Marys.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Scattered Mom Joan Rivers' Ashes While Vacationing in Wyoming
- Sandra Bullock's New Boyfriend, Bryan Randall, Is the "Nicest" — and Hottest! — Guy Ever: See His Modeling Pics!
- Khloe Kardashian Looks Skinnier Than Ever in New Waist Training Mirror Selfie
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged with 1983 murder of girlfriend
- James Bond author sorry for saying Idris Elba 'too street' for 007
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for storming stage at concert