Lindsay to Drop 'Lohan' From Her Name, Says Mom
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 25th 2011 09:19AM
EXCLUSIVE: Diddy did it. So did Madonna and Prince, and now you can add Lindsay Lohan to the list of celebrities who are opting for a single moniker, with the troubled star's mom, Dina, confirming to me that Lindsay plans to remove "Lohan" from her official name.
"Lindsay is dropping the Lohan and just going by Lindsay," Dina tells me, exclusively. "Plus, me and [younger daughter] Ali will be officially changing our last names back to my maiden name, Sullivan."
Lindsay had been thinking about dropping her surname for some time but at first thought no one would know who she was. It was only after the infamous Super Bowl E-trade advertisement referring to a baby as "that milkaholic Lindsay," that the actress knew she no longer needed it.
"So many of the greatest people in showbiz are known by just their first name. Look at Oprah and Beyonce. Now you can add Lindsay to that list," a family friend tells me. "And it's a way for them all to start over. No one in the family want anything to do with Lindsay's father [Michael Lohan] anymore and that includes sharing a last name."
The name "Lohan" is Irish, and Lindsay can trace her roots back to County Cork, as can the "Sullivan" family, according to Irish Central. She also has some Italian heritage as well.
Michael responded with a clear denial later Friday during a visit to Jane Velez-Mitchell's hit HLN show. "I don't think it's true at all," he said. "I would never imagine any of my kids changing their name, especially Lindsay."
Sure thing, Mike! I hope this will be the fresh beginning that the "family formally know as Lohan" so desperately needs!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
Lindsay Lohan takes a walk on March 18 in New York City.
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
- Shia LaBeouf Claims He Was Raped During His Performance Art Project #IAMSORRY -- Read His Disturbing Quotes
- Kelly Clarkson Dressed Her Adorable Daughter River as a Turkey -- See the Pic!
- Eva Mendes Makes Her Own Skincare Products a la Shailene Woodley, Talks Beauty Secrets as a New Mom
- Hunger For Tattoos! Die-Hard ?Hunger Games' Fan Covers Her Legs With Main Characters ? 8 Photos Of Insane Body Art