Ricky Martin Has Never Been Happier Yet 'Will Always Be a Private Person,' Says Friend
By Emily Hall Posted Mar 28th 2011 03:00PM
"I have never seen Ricky so happy as when he is with his sons," a close friend of the singer told PopEater shortly before the crooner launched his 'Musica + Sexo' world tour in Puerto Rico on Friday. "Something about their birth and the happiness and fulfillment they have brought him made him want to be honest with himself and with his fans. But he will always be a private person -- it's in his blood."
Last week, while accepting the Vito Russo Award from GLADD, Martin, who wrote 'Me,' the revealing 2010 memoir about his tortured life, delivered a touching acceptance speech. He admitted suffering an intense spiritual process for the past five years, adding, "I just want to be free."
Finding his bliss at home with the boys, who already love music and dance, made him more eager to share his secret with the world through his website, interviews, lyrics and book.
And while the Latin crooner has announced that the twins and their grandmother are joining him and his band on tour, Martin, who hasn't toured since he became a father, is still very protective of his privacy.
"Ricky reveals what he wants, but a large part of his daily life will always be private and reserved for his immediate family," the source continued. "He is raising his sons as honestly and openly as possible and giving them a well-rounded and cultured background so they will grow up making the best decisions possible for their lives."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- Glen Campbell moved to Alzheimer's facility, report says
- Miley Cyrus postpones more concerts as she remains hospitalized
- ?Parenthood' finale react: A house is not a home
- ?Scandal' finale: Talk about it! ? UPDATED
- ?American Idol' 2014: And the Top 6 are?
- Extra Scoop: Kate Mara Says She's ?Definitely Ambitious'
- Paul Wesley Pulls Double Duty on ?Vampire Diaries'
- What Wu-Tang Clan Wants You to Know About Rapper Who Cut Off Private Part
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Dating Laura Prepon, Rosie O'Donnell Loses 50 Pounds: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Scandal's Joe Morton Says Fans Have Prayer Groups For Character Rowan Pope, Teases His Fate and Kerry Washington's Pregnancy
- Puff Daddy Named Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artist by Forbes With Whopping $700 Million