Britney Spears Could Have a Future in Las Vegas
By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 29th 2011 05:43PM
Following Britney Spears' much publicized and over the top performance at the Palms Las Vegas last Friday, casino owners are holding behind-the-scenes meetings to try to figure out how to lure Spears to Sin City for a more permanent show.
"Britney's act is just so Vegas that we think she could be one of the city's biggest moneymakers," a source inside the talks tells PopEater.
Palms owner George Maloof was certainly taken with the pop star. He gushed to MTV News about just how giddy he was about Spears' show.
"I think this one's going to be really over-the-top," he said of Spears' show, which will be included in the MTV special. "And we're all excited about her new album, and I heard it's spectacular, so here we go: Britney Spears at the Palms."
Country star Garth Brooks recently proved just how lucrative Vegas can be for a music icon. Brooks has been performing for sold out crowds at the Wynn Las Vegas since the end of 2009. The demand for tickets has been so high that the casino and resort recently raised ticket prices for this spring's shows to $225 a pop.
"In terms of value, I believe that Garth Brooks is still under-priced and represents the greatest entertainment value in modern Las Vegas," Steve Wynn said about Brooks when the price increase was announced.
Britney, now reaching the top of her game following a rough road back from her breakdown, could bring in even more than Brooks, Vegas insiders claim.
Settling in a single location for a high-profile gig might just suit Spears' new homebody lifestyle. She recently told V magazine that she would be a stay-at-home mom if she could be anything else besides a pop star.
"I'd be a full-time mom, which would be cool. I'd miss my fans and all of the love the most, but I definitely would not miss having my picture taken everywhere I go," Spears told the mag. Vegas would give Brit the best of both worlds. She would be able to wow her fans each night, but have her days free to spend with her sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, plus all those extra hours she would otherwise have spent on the road touring.
"Britney Spears at the Palms," has a nice ring to it for a full-time gig. It sounds a little like the ding of a full cash register.
MORE ABOUT Britney Spears
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Britney Spears Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Ryan Reynolds Just Said What About Breastfeeding?
- Stephen Collins and Faye Grant Avoid Trial, Reach Divorce Settlement
- Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams Call It Quits
- Farrah Abraham Steps Out With New Boyfriend Simon Saran in Las Vegas After Lip Injection Scare: Pictures!
- Nikki Reed Talks Fiance Ian Somerhalder: "He's the Most Amazing Man That's Ever Walked the Planet"
- Full House Cast Reunites For Creator Jeff Franklin's Birthday: See Bob Saget, Lori Loughlin, John Stamos, More, Plus the Cast Sings the Theme Song!