Will 'Dancing' Audience Boo Chris Brown? Network Has a Plan
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 29th 2011 04:40PM
Chris Brown is set to perform on 'Dancing With the Stars' Tuesday night, and show insiders are very worried that the hotheaded performer may get booed on live television.
"It's a family friendly show that wants to keep its tone upbeat and happy," a show insider tells me. "The last thing they want to happen is for Chris to not get a very warm welcome and ruin the whole atmosphere for the entire evening."
Even the show's super friendly host Tom Bergeron warned that there might be trouble if he gets the chance to interview Brown.
"I did say to the producers that it might be to their advantage to not have me interview him, because my natural tendency would be to say something," Tom told Ryan Seacrest. But Tom has nothing to worry about as Chris will only be performing this evening and not talking.
Chris recently freaked out backstage at 'Good Morning America' after being asked a question about assaulting his then-girlfriend, Rihanna, back in 2009.
"We are prepared to cut right to commercial after Chris performs," an insider tells me. "If anyone boos you wont get to hear it on TV. The only thing that we are worried about is if the audience doesn't react well before the performance. The sound guy will do his best to pump up the music and drown out the sound from the crowd."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Chris Brown
MORE ABOUT Chris Brown
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Chris Brown Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson finally nabs a duet partner: Jimmy Fallon
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Brown family reportedly filming reality show amid Bobbi Kristina tragedy
- Why Cameron Diaz Thinks Social Media Is Dangerous
- Carrie Underwood Posts First Pic of Baby Boy
- George Clooney Gushes About Wife Amal
- Dakota Johnson Returns to Renovated Fifty Shades' Red Room (With a New Sex Swing!) in Cut SNL Skit: Watch!
- Molly Ringwald: I Was First Offered Ally Sheedy's "Basketcase" Breakfast Club Role, and Other 30th Anniversary Memories
- Curt Schilling and His Teenage Daughter Gabby Speak Out After Exposing Cyberbullies: "I'll Never Not Protect Her"