'Scared' Denise Richards Ups Security After Charlie Sheen's 'Vile' Attack
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 29th 2011 11:35AM
Denise Richards is taking no chances when it comes to protecting herself and her daughters following Charlie Sheen's "vile" public attack on her, with sources telling me the 'Starship Troopers' beauty has "increased her security" at home.
"Denise and her girls live a simple life," an insider tells me. "She wants Sam and Lola to have normal lives, but after the recent threats and verbal attacks, she has increased her security. When you are dealing with a mad man, it's better to be safe than sorry."
We became aware of the most recent attacks from Charlie via Twitter, when he called Denise a "traitor and loser whore" and accused her of stealing his dogs. Friends of the pair tell me the hate isn't new, however -- it's been going on for months.
"How Denise has managed to keep all this secret for so long is a miracle," a friend of the former couple tells me. "If Charlie is willing to put those evil tweets out in public, you can only imagine what he has called Denise in private."
All of this started after Denise refused to allow Charlie to use their daughters as a photo opportunity in a TV interview he set up after his two sons with Brooke Mueller were removed from his custody last month. Since then, he has been on the attack, and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon.
"Denise has learned how to deal with the name calling, but once you start tweeting pictures of yourself with knives and saying you wished someone would die it's a totally different game," the pal says. "Denise is no longer angry -- she's scared."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
Denise Richards Snapshots
UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - MARCH 20: Actress Denise Richards (R), with daughter Lola (C), puts earplugs in her daughter Sam's (L) ears at the 3rd Annual "Concert for Hope" presented by Staples at the Gibson Amphitheatre on March 20, 2011 in Universal City, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Getty Images North America
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Twitter -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Denise Richards -
- Charlie Sheen
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Nugent concert canceled at Native American casino
- J.J. Abrams reveals X-Wing in ?Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Jessica Simpson talks babies: Will she have another one?
- CBS Films Shake-Up: Wolfgang Hammer Out, Terry Press Now Sole President
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Extended Trailer: More Battles, More Tension (Video)
- Blake Lively's New Website: 5 Things You Can Buy From Preserve
- ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All': ?I had no idea you guys were kissing her so fast!'
- A serious attempt to understand Blake Lively's Goop-like website
- Dwayne Johnson maybe just revealed that he's playing a ?Justice League' superhero
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'
- 2014 Summer Movie Roundup: The Best and Worst Flicks To Watch