Candy Spelling Says Her Book Won't Trash Tori, Calls Reports 'Hurtful'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 30th 2011 04:55PM
EXCLUSIVE: Candy Spelling is slapping down reports that say the book she's shopping around is going to dish about her often rocky relationship with daughter Tori, telling me 'Golden Girl, Silver Lining' will be about her journey from pampered super-rich housewife to finding her own path once she became a widow.
"It's simply not true," Candy tells me about reports that say her book will throw Tori under the bus. "It's about me starting to work for the first time after I turned 60 and my husband passed away."
Candy tells me she hasn't had a job -- outside of being a homemaker -- since she was 15, making $1.50 an hour at a candy store. Since her TV producer husband Aaron died in 2006, she looked for the perfect gig and found it on Broadway, where she is producing the sure-fire hit 'How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,' starring Daniel Radcliffe.
"Everyone in my family has done something," she explains. "My husband Aaron was the most prolific TV producer of all time, and my daughter is the queen of reality shows. So I thought I would really like to dabble in producing musicals and then I got so hooked."
With a net worth estimated to be more than $500 million, Candy tells me she doesn't have to work but is doing it because she really enjoys it.
"When I married Aaron I had no idea he would be this successful. I was in love with the man, not the money. We lived in a tiny house," she said. And on the crowd of haters rooting for a feud between her and Tori?
"It's very hurtful when people say mean things about my daughter and me," she said. "There was a time when things were rocky between us, and we worked that out, and I'm going to be on her reality show."
Although, Candy makes it clear she's not a fan of all reality shows, saying, "I don't like those 'Housewives' shows. They all get mean and bitchy, and I get my feelings hurt very easily."
I guess that means you can scrap any future attempts to get Candy to join the 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' Andy Cohen!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Tori Spelling
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Tori Spelling Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy, Donnie Wahlberg Married: Actress, NKOTB Alum Wed
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked, Spokesperson Calls It "Flagrant Violation of Privacy"
- Lacey Wildd, Extreme Human Barbie, Hangs With Human Ken Justin Jedlica: Bizarre Picture
- Hackers Strike Again! Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Ariana Grande & More Hit The Internet
- Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaked online by hacker
- 'Star Wars' actors tight lipped about upcoming movie
- Box office: ?Guardians of the Galaxy' rules lackluster Labor Day
- Brrr, It's Cold in Storybrooke! Check Out Frozen's Elsa On Once Upon A Time in New Teaser
- Lauren Conrad's Bridal Shower Is Even More Beautiful Than You Thought it Would Be—Take a Look!
- Dorothy Wang Slowly Recovers From Her Breakup and Brendan Fitzpatrick Decides to Get Hair Plugs—See the #RichKids Recap!