Cheryl Burke and Kirstie Alley Snub Chris Brown Backstage at 'Dancing'
By Rob Shuter Posted Mar 30th 2011 09:30AM
Chris Brown got a chilly welcome from the 'Dancing With the Stars' celebrities last night when he performed in the ballroom, especially from Kirstie Alley, Wendy Williams and domestic abuse victim, Cheryl Burke.
"As a victim of domestic violence, I don't agree with him coming on the show, but it's out of my control," Cheryl told Extra on Monday night.
And Wendy has been vocal about her dislike for Chris ever since his bloody attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna back in 2009. After his 'GMA' blowup, she said on her talk show that she was "disgusted with this little boy." So you can imagine when the singer showed up to rehearse and perform for millions on 'Dancing,' the backstage love wasn't there.
"Usually when a big star comes in to sing, the entire cast is excited to meet them and spend the day together at rehearsals," a 'Dancing' insider tells me. "With Chris, no one wanted to be around when he rehearsed."
Even the show's super friendly host Tom Bergeron warned that there might be trouble if he got the chance to interview Brown. "I did say to the producers that it might be to their advantage to not have me interview him, because my natural tendency would be to say something," Tom told Ryan Seacrest.
To viewers at home, Chris' performance went off without a hitch. Accompanied by a crew of backup dancers, Chris avoided getting booed and sang 'Yeah 3X' and a melody of his hits 'Forever' and 'Beautiful.'
But while everything went smoothly on stage, the same can't be said behind it.
"No one wanted anything to do with him," a 'Dancing' insider tells me. "Most of the cast think it's disgraceful that ABC invited him on in the first place, but after he smashed a window backstage at 'Good Morning America,' almost everyone participating in the competition thought he should have been canceled."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
Chris Brown Snapshots
NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 22: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Chris Brown and Artist Ron English attend Chris Brown's "F.A.M.E." album release dinner at Abe & Arthur's on March 22, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Larry Busacca/Getty Images for FYI PR)
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for F
Getty Images North America
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Chris Brown
MORE ABOUT Chris Brown
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Chris Brown Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Gwen Stefani's Dad Gets Temporary Restraining Order to Protect Family From Alleged Stalker
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!