'Monsters Inc. 2' Gets a New Title
As previously rumored, the animated sequel will instead be a prequel that tracks the origins of Mike and Sully's relationship all the way back to their time at the University of Fear, where at first they were enemies before becoming the bestest of friends.
Casting hasn't been confirmed, though it's likely Billy Crystal and John Goodman will return to voice Mike and Sully.
Knowing Pixar, they'll add a whole new set of monster characters, while bringing on some fun talent to voice those characters. It's a great idea, really, to go with the university angle because they've mined all the professional monster jokes, and now they can go Police Academy-style with tons of monster-in-training jokes. The classes, the exercises, the obnoxious teachers -- since the first one was so clever in its storytelling and execution, we hope the folks at Pixar really spread out their imagination wings with this one.
Sure, it's another sequel (or in this case prequel), but 2012 is also giving us an original Pixar movie with 'Brave,' so as long as they mix originals in there with the sequels and prequels, we won't complain as much. Thoughts on 'Monsters University'?
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bella Thorne balances her career and being a teenager
- Lori Loughlin displays amazing abs at age 50
- Justin Bieber attends church conference in Sydney
- U.K. Box Office: 'Minions' Scores Biggest Ever Opening for Animated Film
- Wimbledon: BBC Audience Peaks During First Andy Murray Match
- Jon Stewart Mocks People Celebrating Lethal Injection Supreme Court Ruling
- Best of Late Night TV: Danielle Brooks's NSFW Taystee Rap, Halle Berry Cancels, 'Couple or Friends?'
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 6 Episode 5: Maddie Ziegler, Is That You?!
- Cage of Thrones: Nicolas Cage as Every 'Game of Thrones' Character