'Monsters Inc. 2' Gets a New Title
As previously rumored, the animated sequel will instead be a prequel that tracks the origins of Mike and Sully's relationship all the way back to their time at the University of Fear, where at first they were enemies before becoming the bestest of friends.
Casting hasn't been confirmed, though it's likely Billy Crystal and John Goodman will return to voice Mike and Sully.
Knowing Pixar, they'll add a whole new set of monster characters, while bringing on some fun talent to voice those characters. It's a great idea, really, to go with the university angle because they've mined all the professional monster jokes, and now they can go Police Academy-style with tons of monster-in-training jokes. The classes, the exercises, the obnoxious teachers -- since the first one was so clever in its storytelling and execution, we hope the folks at Pixar really spread out their imagination wings with this one.
Sure, it's another sequel (or in this case prequel), but 2012 is also giving us an original Pixar movie with 'Brave,' so as long as they mix originals in there with the sequels and prequels, we won't complain as much. Thoughts on 'Monsters University'?
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: Khloe Kardashian shows Lamar Odom what he's missing
- Mariska Hargitay works to get backlog of rape tests in Detroit processed
- FOX411's pic of the day
- MTV's 'Awkward' First Season 4 Trailer: Boy Drama, College Blues and Hookups (Video)
- How 'We're the Millers' Producer Became a Bus Driver on 'The Goldbergs'
- CinemaCon: Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore Named Stars of the Year
- ?Between Two Ferns' director Scott Aukerman on how they got Obama to laugh at himself
- Matthew McConaughey's ?Wolf of Wall Street' chest thump gets a remix ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lopez says she would let both Ben Affleck and Diddy (hypothetically) drown ? VIDEO
- Liam Neeson Has a Very Good Reason for Not Playing James Bond
- Women Are Still Seriously Underrepresented in Hollywood, Study Finds
- A Few Important 'Insidious 3' Details Creep Out