Kim Cattrall Tells Reporter to Get a 'Respectable Job'
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Mar 31st 2011 11:45AM
According to the New York Post, Cattrall was ranting about ageism in Hollywood, citing her age as the reason for her lack of serious roles.
"Ask me about being a woman," she demanded. "Do you know what it's like to be 54 and marginalized? It doesn't get easier as you get older."
In the film, for which she gained 20 pounds, Cattrall plays a porn star who lives in a trailer park and is forced to strip to pay her bills -- a dramatic departure from her star-making turn as posh Samantha Jones on 'Sex and the City.'
Although we agree that the young and beautiful reign in Hollywood, we don't see any shortage of roles for Cattrall's fellow 50-plus females like Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren or Sigourney Weaver.
Her age wasn't the only thing Cattrall was fired up about. Apparently, she isn't too keen on entertainment journalism either. When a Post reporter asked her a question about bikini waxes (a topic made mainstream by her 'Sex and the City' character, Samantha) Cattrall let loose, saying, "That's a stupid question. You're a smart girl. How could you write that?" She went on to add that the reporter's gossip column reporting gig was not a "respectable job."
But after telling the reporter to ditch her current job and work for "Roybers" (she later corrected with the correct news agency, Reuters), Cattrall admitted, "Yeah, sorry, I've been drinking."
This is one case where we'll let Cattrall blame it on the alcohol. But she wasn't even close to finished with her rant. When the reporter later disclosed that she hadn't seen her film, 'Meet Monica Velour,' yet, Cattrall dismissed her with "You didn't see my film. Why are you even here?"
We have a feeling that if she keeps up her anti-entertainment reporter status, she'll have a tough time on the film review front.
In the latest POP-arazzi, we caught the word on the street about James Franco teaching at NYU:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Polly Bergen, versatile actress, singer dies at 84
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- 'Outlander': Sam Heughan on Jamie and Claire's Wedding, Nerve-wracking Sex Scenes
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Trailer Promises "War Is Coming"
- Emma Thompson Talks Clint Eastwood, Billy Wilder, Gender Differences
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)
- These Are the 15 Funniest 'The Cosby Show' Episodes Ever (VIDEO)
- Our Hopes for 'The Good Wife' Season 6: Alicia Florrick, State's Attorney?