Elton John Tells Kings of Leon: 'Lighten Up, You A**holes'
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 1st 2011 11:25AM
The legendary musician appeared on Jimmy Fallon's show last night to discuss, among other things, some artists' strong feelings about keeping their music off the show.
John, whose song 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' was featured on the FOX hit's second season, called out Kings of Leon for refusing to let 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy use their song 'Use Somebody' on the show.
"There's a big debate going on about the 'Glee' thing at the moment," said John. "A lot of bands say they don't want their stuff on 'Glee.' It's like, 'Lighten up, you a**holes.'"
"This is a compliment, also it sends a positive message out. What the hell is wrong with, you guys? 'Oh, we don't want our music played.' Well, Kings of Leon, lighten up guys, c'mon. Listen, when someone wants to do your song, it's a compliment."
John isn't the only celeb with strong feelings about the issue. In March, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl announced that he, too, had refused Murphy's request to use his songs on 'Glee,' and spoke out in support of Kings of Leon's choice.
"[Murphy] is so offended that we're not, like, begging to be on his f**king show," said Grohl. "F**k that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do 'Glee.'"
MORE ABOUT Elton John
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elton John Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Shia LaBeouf admits he used to follow Alec Baldwin home in ?Interview'
- ?Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany to make New York stage debut
- Matthew McConaughey Says Wife Camila Alves Pressured Him to Get Married: "Either S--t or Get Off the Pot"
- Kris Jenner Addresses Rumors of Bruce Jenner Dating Her Best Friend: "I Hope He's Doing His Thing and Having a Good Time"
- Piers Morgan Slams Monica Lewinsky: You're Not Blameless