Elton John Tells Kings of Leon: 'Lighten Up, You A**holes'
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 1st 2011 11:25AM
The legendary musician appeared on Jimmy Fallon's show last night to discuss, among other things, some artists' strong feelings about keeping their music off the show.
John, whose song 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' was featured on the FOX hit's second season, called out Kings of Leon for refusing to let 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy use their song 'Use Somebody' on the show.
"There's a big debate going on about the 'Glee' thing at the moment," said John. "A lot of bands say they don't want their stuff on 'Glee.' It's like, 'Lighten up, you a**holes.'"
"This is a compliment, also it sends a positive message out. What the hell is wrong with, you guys? 'Oh, we don't want our music played.' Well, Kings of Leon, lighten up guys, c'mon. Listen, when someone wants to do your song, it's a compliment."
John isn't the only celeb with strong feelings about the issue. In March, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl announced that he, too, had refused Murphy's request to use his songs on 'Glee,' and spoke out in support of Kings of Leon's choice.
"[Murphy] is so offended that we're not, like, begging to be on his f**king show," said Grohl. "F**k that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do 'Glee.'"
MORE ABOUT Elton John
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elton John Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amy Schumer puts Bill Cosby on trial on 'Inside Amy Schumer'
- L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti hopes ?San Andreas' gets city to prepare
- Thousands sign petition to take back Iggy Azalea's Billboard win
- '19 Kids' and Scandal: Why Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar Are NOT Worried About Show's Future
- Pics: Taylor Swift & Calvin Harris Get Cozy on Date Night in NYC
- Melissa McCarthy Talks New Clothing Line and Plus-Size Shopping, Because ?People Don't Stop at Size 12'