Shenae Grimes: My Homeless Friends Are 'the Coolest People'
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 1st 2011 05:15PM
The actress appeared on 'Chelsea Lately' last night to discuss her upcoming movie, 'Sugar,' in which she plays a homeless teenager.
Grimes told host Chelsea Handler that despite her star status, she befriended a number of the homeless kids while shooting the film and even spent time helping them beg for change.
"I'm a really good sidekick for 'spanging' -- that's what we call asking for spare change -- and I don't need it myself ... It all goes to them, but I help out where I can."
While the actress calls her homeless friends some of the "coolest people" she's met in Los Angeles, she admits that she has to be clear about her boundaries with her new pals.
"You have to have boundaries. I've definitely been asked if they can sleep on my floor and stuff like that. You walk a fine line ... but they're so much fun and they're so cool. You just have to cross that boundary and not be just a yuppie in their eyes."
Grimes, who stars in the upcoming 'Scream 4,' says that helping others should be a universal goal, and not just for those in a position of privilege. "It's just about reaching out," she told Handler. "As humankind, I think it's our responsibility to take care of each other."
Watch Shenae Grimes on 'Chelsea Lately.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael Strahan, Donald Glover Cast in Magic Mike XXL With Channing Tatum
- Jessica Simpson Flaunts Her Toned Legs in Lace Short-Shorts at LAX: Shop Her Look For Less!
- Ashley Hebert Gives Birth: Bachelorette Welcomes Baby Boy Fordham With J.P. Rosenbaum
- High Times Ahead? ?RHOBH' To Film Cast Trip In Amsterdam ? Sober Kim Richards Upset, Facing ?Temptations’
- Swimming In Trouble: Michael Phelps Arrested For DUI In Baltimore, According To Reports
- Amanda Bynes' Father Rick Hasn't Seen Daughter In Months, Isn't Aware Of Her Current Whereabouts
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- Nikki Bella and Brie Bella Get Into an Unusual Fight Outside the Ring—Watch the Deleted Total Divas Clip!
- Student Who Petitioned to Have His Cat in His Yearbook Photo Got What He Wanted, and Then Some
- Kendall Jenner, Gisele Bündchen & Cara Delevingne March at Chanel's Feminist Rally Fashion Show