The Poof Is in the Paycheck: Rutgers Pays Snooki $32K
Topics discussed at the event, held at the Livingston Student Center, included her "poof" hairstyle, hooking up with guido juiceheads and taking long showers while shooting 'Shore' (because cameras can't follow her there).
According to The Star-Ledger of Newark, money for Snooki's appearance came from mandatory student activity fees, which is funded by tuition. Morrison is being paid $30,000 to speak at the commencement on May 15. That fee is not coming from students, however, but from PepsiCo, which has exclusive vending rights on campus.
Students on the Rutgers University Programming Association, which ran the event, justified Snooks' fee by pointing out that their first choices to appear, comedians Aziz Ansari and Kevin Hart, would have cost upward of $75,000 each to perform.
Thursday's event was called 'Inside the Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Studio,' a nod to 'Inside the Actors Studio.' The James Lipton in this scenario was comedian Adam Ace, who asked the pint-sized reality star some hard-hitters like how she deals with pesky cameramen while taping 'Jersey Shore.'
"If I'm ever annoyed at the camera, I'll spray hairspray for five years," she said. "The only real way to get away from the camera is showering, so we take really long showers."
Snooki was also asked if the show was based in reality or semi-staged like 'The Hills.' "You can't make this s**t up," she said. "Everything that goes down goes down. If it was fake I wouldn't be a part of it."
Reactions were widely positive to Snooki's appearance on the campus.
"I think Snooki is really popular and prevalent in the media," Jill Weiss, a junior, told the student paper The Daily Targum. "It's great that Rutgers brought her. I don't watch the show, but my friends were so excited about coming and so am I. It's a very exciting event."
"Honestly, I thought they would have paid her more," Adham Abdel-Raouf, 18, a freshman from Alabama, told the Star-Ledger.
But not everyone was stoked.
"Such a waste of my money. If I want to listen to someone talk, they should have something intelligent to say," freshman Dan Oliveto, 18, told the Star-Ledger.
Snooki's advice to Weiss, Abdel-Raouf and all other students in attendance: "Study hard, but party harder."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bryan Singer Expecting First Child With Best Friend Michelle Clunie
- Teresa, Joe Giudice Post-Jail Sentencing: "There's an Icy Distance"
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Teaser Trailer Debuts: First Look at Sequel
- ?Judges Have No Jurisdiction In Where Someone Is Assigned,' Prison Official Says Of False Reports That Judge Sent Teresa Giudice To ?OINTB' Prison
- Headed For A Mistrial? Another Jodi Arias Juror Dismissed ? Over Nancy Grace!
- ?Honey Boo Boo' in limbo after sex offender report
- 2014 'watershed year' for treatment of clergy in film?
- 'Nashville' recap: The truth comes out
- Batgirl, Mr. Incredible Fight on Hollywood Boulevard; Waldo, Chewbacca Try to Save the Day—Watch Now!
- Kat Dennings Jokes About Her "Very Dark and Tortured" Childhood, Shares Photo From "Goth" Past
- Defending Renée Zellweger: "She's Stunning," Says Her The Whole Truth Co-Star Gugu Mbatha-Raw