The Poof Is in the Paycheck: Rutgers Pays Snooki $32K
Topics discussed at the event, held at the Livingston Student Center, included her "poof" hairstyle, hooking up with guido juiceheads and taking long showers while shooting 'Shore' (because cameras can't follow her there).
According to The Star-Ledger of Newark, money for Snooki's appearance came from mandatory student activity fees, which is funded by tuition. Morrison is being paid $30,000 to speak at the commencement on May 15. That fee is not coming from students, however, but from PepsiCo, which has exclusive vending rights on campus.
Students on the Rutgers University Programming Association, which ran the event, justified Snooks' fee by pointing out that their first choices to appear, comedians Aziz Ansari and Kevin Hart, would have cost upward of $75,000 each to perform.
Thursday's event was called 'Inside the Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Studio,' a nod to 'Inside the Actors Studio.' The James Lipton in this scenario was comedian Adam Ace, who asked the pint-sized reality star some hard-hitters like how she deals with pesky cameramen while taping 'Jersey Shore.'
"If I'm ever annoyed at the camera, I'll spray hairspray for five years," she said. "The only real way to get away from the camera is showering, so we take really long showers."
Snooki was also asked if the show was based in reality or semi-staged like 'The Hills.' "You can't make this s**t up," she said. "Everything that goes down goes down. If it was fake I wouldn't be a part of it."
Reactions were widely positive to Snooki's appearance on the campus.
"I think Snooki is really popular and prevalent in the media," Jill Weiss, a junior, told the student paper The Daily Targum. "It's great that Rutgers brought her. I don't watch the show, but my friends were so excited about coming and so am I. It's a very exciting event."
"Honestly, I thought they would have paid her more," Adham Abdel-Raouf, 18, a freshman from Alabama, told the Star-Ledger.
But not everyone was stoked.
"Such a waste of my money. If I want to listen to someone talk, they should have something intelligent to say," freshman Dan Oliveto, 18, told the Star-Ledger.
Snooki's advice to Weiss, Abdel-Raouf and all other students in attendance: "Study hard, but party harder."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shailene Woodley: Nude Scenes in White Bird in a Blizzard Were "Very Truthful"
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian Hang With Chris Brown, Karrueche Tran at Teyana Taylor Bash: Pictures
- Kesha Swore Under Oath Prior to Her Lawsuit With Dr. Luke That He Never Harmed Her
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Michael Sam Cut From Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad, Shares Hopes for an NFL Return on Twitter
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Recalls Hating "Girly" Things as a Kid, Talks About Being Bullied—Watch Now
- Jennifer Lopez Proves She's Still "Jenny From the Block" By Singing With This American Idol Hopeful