Next for Arnold Schwarzenegger? New 'Governator' Comic Book
By Christine Fenno Posted Apr 2nd 2011 08:26AM
Schwarzenegger's partner in crime? Comics legend and Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee.
The Austrian movie star, 63, opened up in the new Entertainment Weekly about the animated TV show and comic book, which will take flight next year.
"When I ran for governor back in 2003, and I started hearing people talking about 'the Governator,' I thought the word was so cool [and] combined two worlds: the world of politics and the movie world," he says, adding that the new cartoon character "brings everything together. It combines the governor, the Terminator, the bodybuilding world..."
The world of the Governator will include not just super stunts, super suits, super sidekicks (including Zack, a 13-year-old cyberexpert), super-villians, and a super-secret underground lair, but -- according to Lee -- will also feature elements of Schwarnegger's personal life. That's right, expect wife Maria Shriver and the kids to pop up in story lines.
Schwarzenegger says, "I love the idea of a control center below my house with a path so that boats and submarines can go right into the ocean....In the cartoon, my house is much closer to the beach than where we live, but, you know, it's a cartoon."
So far the funniest ingredient in the mix is shaping up to be the bad guys: a dastardly crew called Gangsters Imposters Racketeers Liars & Irredeemable Ex-cons. Of course, they'll be called the G.I.R.L.I.E. Men.
"The Governator is going to be a great superhero, but he'll also be Arnold Schwarzenegger," Lee says of the character. "We're using all the personal elements of Arnold's life. We're using his wife. We're using his kids. We're using the fact that he used to be governor. Only after he leaves the governor's office, Arnold decides to become a crime fighter and builds a secret high-tech crime-fighting center under his house in Brentwood."
After a phenomenal run in Hollywood ('Termintator,' 'Total Recall,' 'Kindergarten Cop,' 'True Lies') Schwarzenegger -- who emigrated to the U.S. at age 21 -- took a hiatus from his film career to follow in Ronald Reagan's footsteps and run for governor in California. The former bodybuilder and longtime Republican triumphed in a recall election to replace Gray Davis. Schwarzenegger was first inaugurated in 2003, he went on to win a full term in 2006, and his last day in office was January 3.
Stars on the Beach
'Real Housewives of New York' star Kelly Bensimon enjoys a day on the beach sunning, laughing with friends and frolicking in the water in Miami.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson Sings Amazing Duet Medley With Jimmy Fallon: Video
- The Bachelor Women Tell All Recap: Kaitlyn Confronts Chris Soules, Britt Blames Carly for Elimination
- Taran Killam, Whoopi Goldberg Defend Saturday Night Live's ISIS Sketch With Dakota Johnson
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Shia LaBeouf's gritty new look includes a rattail and eyebrown piercing
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- The Bachelor Women Told All Tonight, and We Fell In Love In A Way We Never Expected
- Amber Portwood Is Engaged to Boyfriend Matt Baier: ''I Never Thought I Could Find Another Man That Could Make Me Feel Love Again''
- Kelly Clarkson Doesn't Worry If Daughter River Rose Is a Lesbian: "As Long As She's Happy, I Don't Care"