Michael Vartan Is a Married Man
By Christine Fenno Posted Apr 3rd 2011 09:33AM
The former 'Alias' star, now in the cast of TNT's 'Hawthorne' with Jada Pinkett Smith, first met his bride at a Whole Foods grocery store in Los Angeles, according to People.com. Vartan's 'Alias' co-star, Victor Garber, was a groomsmen in the wedding party.
"Our plans for the future are to live a happy, simple life, have kids, lots of dogs and go with the flow," Vartan said of his wedding. "I married my best friend."
Vartan proposed last year in New York City. "Our families both took an immediate liking to our partners and knew probably before we did," says his new wife, "that this was serious and going somewhere."
"My family was thrilled," confirms Vartan, who dated his 'Alias' co-star Jennifer Garner back in 2003 (they broke up in 2004). "They love Lauren and could not be happier. Now all my mother talks about is grandchildren."
Skaar walked down the aisle in Vera Wang. She recalls that she and her TV star spouse never rushed into dating; instead, a courtship evolved slowly: "We met at a grocery store in L.A.," she says. "Michael approached me, after some well calculated 'stalking,' as I like to call it. We didn't date right away. I wouldn't give him my number but did take his e-mail address, and we didn't see each other until a few months after our first meeting...almost two years ago."
A honeymoon is being postponed for now, because Vartan is working on 'Hawthorne' this week. "Bad luck with the timing....but at least we have three months to plan something very romantic," he says.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Two People Shot Inside Nightclub During T.I., Young Jeezy Party
- Dakota Johnson Mocks Fifty Shades of Grey, Gives Shout Out to Her Parents in Saturday Night Live Opening Monologue
- William Shatner Will Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: "I Feel Really Awful"
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Zelda Williams makes emotional speech at Noble Awards about her dad Robin Williams
- Aww! Pregnant Jessica Biel Gets a Surprise Visit from Husband Justin Timberlake While Filming in New Orleans
- Michelle Rodriguez Apologizes After Asking Minority Actors to "Stop Stealing All the White People's Superheroes"
- Will Forte Reflects on Saturday Night Live, Assures Fans MacGruber 2 Is Still "Absolutely" in the Works