Rosie O'Donnell Thinks Chris Brown Haters Are Racist
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 4th 2011 02:01PM
Controversial singer Chris Brown has found a surprising ally in former talk show queen Rosie O'Donnell, who believes Brown's haters are racist.
"I just don't know why this kid seems to be held to a different standard than anyone else," O'Donnell said on her Sirius XM show 'Rosie Radio.'
When Rosie's executive producer implied there is a racial aspect at play, Rosie replied: "I totally think there is, and I also think it's why he felt he was safer with Robin Roberts [who is also African-American]." Rosie added that she felt "mildly angry" at Robin while watching her interview Chris.
Following the interview and performance on 'Good Morning America' Chris Brown threw a chair at a reinforced window with such anger that the window cracked, all because Robin dared to ask the singer questions about beating his former girlfriend Rihanna.
"Chris Brown violently beat his girlfriend and almost threw a chair through a window and currently has the number one album on the Billboard charts, and Rosie feels sorry for him because he is black?" a TV insider tells me. "This kid is rich and powerful and keeps getting away with bad behavior. If Rosie was backstage at 'GMA' when the staff was so frightened they had to call the police, she would be singing a very different tune. This has nothing to do with the color of his skin but rather his disgraceful behavior."
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Chris Brown -
- Rosie ODonnell -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Rosie O'Donnell
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Rosie O'Donnell Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katherine Heigl Threatened to Date John Mayer If Husband Josh Kelley Didn't Commit
- Kathy Griffin Hints at Fashion Police Role: Joan Rivers "and I Talked About it Many Times"
- Jeff Goldblum's Wife Emilie Livingston Posts Gorgeous Wedding Dress Photo
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Evan Ross Teases "Incredible" New Music With Ashlee Simpson, Would "Love" to Duet With Diana Ross
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Join Justin Bieber to Celebrate Hailey Baldwin's 18th Birthday—Take a Look!
- American Music Awards Artists One Direction, Lorde and More Shown Through Emojis—Can You Guess Correctly? Play the Game Now!