Denise Richards Flees U.S. to Avoid Charlie Sheen's Rage
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 4th 2011 09:50AM
After a disastrous start to his 'Violent Torpedo Of Truth, Defeat Is Not An Option' tour in Detroit and a slightly improved performance in Chicago, Charlie Sheen is looking to lash out and blame someone for his failure. This time it won't be ex-wife Denise Richards.
"Denise doesn't want to get dragged into any of this and has taken herself and her girls far away to the Bahamas on vacation," a friend of Charlie's tells me. "Whenever things go bad for Charlie he always lashes out at Denise. This time she took no chances and fled the country before he even stepped foot on stage."
At Sheen's first performance, on Saturday evening, the crowd was already restless, booing the opening comic off stage before Charlie appeared. Once the former 'Two and a Half Men' star appeared, his standing ovation quickly gave way to boos and attendees walking out and demanding refunds.
The new biggest fear for Team Sheen is that bad word of mouth will affect the already tepid ticket sales in the following cities.
"What will most likely happen is discounts will be offered to Ticketmaster's email list and bulk sales groups like Groupon," an A-list tour promoter tells me. "Groupon does mass email to their buyers in specific zip codes, offering deep discounts and taking a hefty percentage for providing the service. On most of these services, you don't know about it unless you previously bought something and are on their mass email list. In other words, you probably just couldn't go to the Ticketmaster website and find the discounted tickets."
But it's not just ticket sales that are a concern. Friends of Charlie's warn that the actor's ego will not tolerate half-empty houses and bad audience reaction for long.
"Charlie has a hard time when confronted with reality," a friend of the actor tells me. "He would rather cancel the whole tour and blame it on bad promoters than admit he's not winning."
Which means Denise might be able to cut her getaway short, too. She might want to stick in the Bahamas a bit longer, though -- if Charlie is anything, it's unpredictable.
You're watching Denise Richards Chats with PopEater's Rob Shuter. See the Web's top videos on AOL Video
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!