Robert Lucas of 'The Doctors' Investigated By California Medical Board
By Sarah Crow Posted Apr 4th 2011 12:30PM
RadarOnline.com reports that Robert Lucas, featured on CBS hit 'The Doctors,' is being investigated by the California Physician Assistant Committee in an attempt to determine whether or not Lucas is fit to practice medicine.
Lucas, a physician's assistant to plastic surgeon Dr. Drew Ordon, was arrested twice for DUI in 2008 and pleaded guilty each time.
Lucas paid a hefty fine, spent three weeks behind bars and was ordered to serve five years probation.
In the request handed down to the medical board, California's attorney general cited unlawful use of alcohol, conduct that would warrant denial of a certificate, general unprofessional conduct and convictions of crime substantially related to the practice of a physician assistant as the reasons for the investigation.
Prior to his trouble in California, Lucas had his physician's assistant license temporarily suspended in Connecticut after he was found to be administering Botox injections without a doctor present. Just days after his full license was restored by that state, the New York Board for Professional Medical Conduct placed conditions on his license, issuing him a censure and reprimand.
If the results of the upcoming California hearing do not favor Lucas, his license could be revoked or suspended, and he may be ordered to cover the cost of the state's investigation.
Watch Robert Lucas and Dr. Ordon on 'The Doctors':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Liam Hemsworth Says "There's No Bad Blood" With Miley Cyrus, Jokes He Was a "Devil Child"
- Kaley Cuoco's $250 Gym Ensemble: See Her Rocker Workout Style!
- How to Wear a Cape Like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Sarah Jessica Parker and Olivia Palermo: Try the Trend Without Looking Like You're Wearing a Blanket
- Lock ?Em Up! Prosecutors Ask Judge To Sentence Both Teresa & Joe Giudice To Prison Terms
- Is She Cracking Under Pressure? ?Long Island Medium' Theresa Caputo Reveals Her Secret Meltdowns ?Crying Spells, Anxiety Attacks & Sleepless Nights? In New Tell-All
- Taking ?Responsibility': Michael Phelps Admits He Is ?Deeply Sorry' For Humiliating DUI In Earnest Tweets ? Does He Mean It?
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'