'Two and a Half Men' Star Jon Cryer Looking for a New Job
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 5th 2011 05:00PM
Charlie Sheen will not be returning to 'Two and a Half Men,' and any hope of finding a replacement for him is now over. The show is dead, leaving Jon Cryer and the rest of the cast and crew to start looking for other work.
"Jon is a very talented actor and couldn't have handled this incredibly challenging situation better," a TV insider tells me. "Any network or cable channel would be lucky to have him on their channel. Plus, let's be honest; the next project he does after 'Two and A Half Men' is going to get a lot of attention and publicity. What show wouldn't want that?"
After having fun on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' pretending to get his first job post-Charlie Sheen as Ellen's receptionist, Jon has finally landed his first opportunity in The New York Philharmonic's staging of 'Company,' where he will star as Neil Patrick Harris' pot-smoking best friend.
"The show is strictly a limited run, but Jon is happy to be back at work and looking forward to moving on with his life," an insider tells me. "You don't get better than The New York Philharmonic and Stephen Sondheim. Who knows what he will do after this? I assume he will go back to LA and find a new TV, but if Jon decides to stay in New York, the theater community would welcome him with open arms."
Charlie Sheen arrives in New York to perform live himself this week. Don't expect to see Jon in the audience. "Jon wishes Charlie the best," a friend of the actor tells me, "but he will be too busy doing what most performers do before they take the stage -- rehearsing!"
MORE ABOUT Jon Cryer
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jon Cryer Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teresa Giudice's Daughter Gia, 13, Releases Risque, Questionable Music Video With Girl Group 3KT
- Mandy Moore, Husband Ryan Adams Go as Addams Family Couple in Halloween Throwback Photo
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Play E! Online's Christmas TV Movie Bingo Game This Holiday Season!
- Scott Disick Reveals He Takes Anxiety Medication to Avoid Feeling the Need to "Jump Out of My Skin" After Parents' Death
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Headed for a Split? ''Things Still Aren't Good,'' Says Source