Kimora Lee Simmons Wants Elizabeth Taylor's Jewelry
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 5th 2011 06:00PM
When Elizabeth Taylor's entire collection of jewelry goes up for auction at Christie's in the next few months expect to see a sea of celebrities turning up to bid on a not-so-little piece of history; however, beware! Kimora Lee Simmons tells me she's going to be bidding to win!
"All my life I have said this, I'm so emotional about Liz Taylor. My whole life I have really patterned after Elizabeth. She's always been my icon. If you think about it, I can explain it forever," Kimora told me while promoting Bounty paper towels. "First she had 165 husbands, I love it. I have a good one now but I'm not against having 165 if I could. Think about my first fragrance. It's the shape of a diamond shell with the ring around it. All that came from Elizabeth Taylor because it's about giving you a fragrance that is lush and giving you a little something extra. With her you get a little dream or a gift on the side, I'm the same."
And although Kimora is the first to admit that she is not Elizabeth, she surely would love to have a lot of Elizabeth's jewels. "I built my entire jewelry collection with her in mind. I will definitely go and bid. The last time I went to an auction I came home with all Versace stuff. I got a lot of it. I was probably the biggest buyer. I got his bed, DNA are in those sheets!"
Proceeds from the auction will go to amfAR and the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation. The face value is around $200 million, but as one diamond expert tells me, "With Elizabeth's name attached to these items it could go for double."
So, Kimora, bring your checkbook and look out for Tori's mom, Candy, who also told me she would love to own some of Elizabeth's baubles.
MORE ABOUT Elizabeth Taylor
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elizabeth Taylor Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- 'The Flash': Will Iris and Eddie's Romance Survive? Rick Cosnett on Their Future
- 'The Knick' Star Eric Johnson Signs With WME (Exclusive)
- Greg Garcia Developing Sebastian Maniscalco Comedy for NBC
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Soundtrack Will Get a Cassette Release (PHOTO)
- New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Teaser Pits Gale vs. Peeta (VIDEO)
- After 2 Seasons, FX Has Cancelled 'The Bridge'