Injured Kirstie Alley Refuses to Stop 'Dancing'
By Rob Shuter Posted Apr 5th 2011 11:20AM
If Kirstie Alley didn't seem at her best last night when she hit the dance floor, it was because injury has been plaguing the actress all week -- but nothing was going to stop her from dancing.
"Kirstie has been practicing so hard that she pulled a muscle," an insider tells me. "It isn't a major injury, but it has taught her how important it is to listen to her body and not push herself too hard."
Earlier in the week, Kirstie admitted via Twitter that she hadn't been taking the best care of herself. "I didn't eat all day. I pulled a muscle and I wasn't as good as I want to be. Sooooo I acted like a bitch."
After shocking everyone, including herself, with her grace on the dance floor despite her partner dropping her last night, insiders tell me Kirstie has now become obsessed with winning the mirror disco ball and pushes herself harder than any other contestant.
"Kirstie has the most to prove," an insider tells me. "She's 60, not in the best shape, but what she has that no one else has is the desire to win. I have never seen anyone in the history of the show work as hard as she does. By nature she's very competitive, but what's motivating her is to prove everyone wrong. Anyone who has ever made a fat joke, look at her now. She's in this to win it."
MORE ABOUT Kirstie Alley
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kirstie Alley Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Is a "Free Spirit," "Amazing With Kids," Ex-Girlfriend's Mom Says
- Dean Jones, Star of The Love Bug, Dies at Age 84
- Oscars 2016 Will Have Two Hosts: 7 Dream Duos Who'd Be Perfect for the Gig
- Dean Jones, boyish Disney star, dies at 84
- Avril Lavigne announces separation from husband Chad Kroeger
- Robert Redford, Nick Nolte's friendship shines through in 'A Walk in the Woods'
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Can't Stop Gushing About His New Leading Lady—Get the Scoop!
- Blake Lively Reveals the "Fit Dude" Responsible for Her Post-Baby Body: He Knows "How to Kick My Butt"
- Julianne Hough Gushes About Engagement to Brooks Laich! Plus, Is She Already Planning the Wedding?